“Simply great food - a bit pricy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Copper and Spices

Copper and Spices
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Simply great food - a bit pricy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The food in this restaurant is superb. I had the lamb roganjosh and my girlfriend had a vegetable korma. Both dishes were delicious. We got one rice and one nan bread. The only issue for me was the price. €17 for the veg korma plus €3.50 for the rice means paying over €20 for a veg curry... Hard one to swallow.

Visited August 2013
Carmel C, Owner at Copper and Spices, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi GregH, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us. I am sorry however that you found it expensive. We do run an early Bird, Its a 2 Course Meal including your rice or naan bread for E20.00. We hope to see you dine with us again.

“Will be back soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had dinner here tonight and myself and my husband are still talking about it hours later. Excellent food and staff were lovely. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Carmel C, Owner at Copper and Spices, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Shivon14. Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you and your husband had a lovely dining experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cavan
“Outstanding food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my second time here,had a few takeaways also and never found fault. The food was divine, friendly girls serving us and would highly recommend it. Place was very busy so they must be doing something right!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cavanking
Carmel C, Owner at Copper and Spices, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi CavanKing. Thank you for writing a review for us. We are delighted that you have enjoyed both dining inn with us and using our takeaway service. Its always welcoming to read lovely positive reviews. We look forward to welcoming you again to Copper and Spices.
Dublin, Ireland
“"Nice" food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with my sister in law as I had purchased a deal through the pigsback. €30 for any 2 starters,any 2 mains and any 2 desserts. I had wanted to try it for a while so thought this was a great deal. It's a nicely decorated resturaunt,the welcome wasn't overly friendly but ok. We got a very nice seat by the window. We both felt that the menu was quite limited. You do expect to see the usual on an Indian menu-korma,balti etc. which were'nt on it. My sis in law had the fish cake for starters,followed by the south Indian curry,which she said were both lovely. I had the chicken pakoras for my starter. Very nicely presented on a slate plate. Followed by the butter chicken. It was lovely with quite a sweet taste. The chicken was very tender. But I would have liked a bigger portion. For dessert they had a choice of chocolate or vanilla ice cream-I would never order ice cream as a dessert. Or an Indian style rice pudding-badam-I think. It was very dissapointing. I found it to be quite bland. My sis in law decided to have coffee instead. All in all it was "nice",and I'm glad I got to try it,but neither of us would be in a hurry to return.

• Visited July 2013
mangoNavan_Ireland, Owner at Copper and Spices, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi DunneandDusted. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share some photos. The dining room vouchers were a great success. we tend to keep our dining in menu limited as we have an extensive takeaway menu. Im sorry that we had run out of all our desserts on the night, we generally have cheeses cake and chocolate fudge cake, on our menu but after having a very busy week, it was out of our control. im glad that you and your sister enjoyed your meal. we would love to welcome you back, our early bird is a great offer of 2 courses for E20.00.
Dublin, Ireland
“Glad we weren't paying full price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Used to go to Copper & Spices frequently when it opened first but as the portion sizes got smaller without a corresponding price shrinkage we haven't been for 18 months. I recently bought a voucher through diningroom.ie which cost €29.99 for a 3 course meal for 2 people for the restaurant, which is obviously very good value so we decided to return. The food could not be faulted, we were given mini poppodoms with a chilli sauce and a chutney on being seated and while waiting for starters we had a delicious amuse bouche. For starters we had the fish cakes and chicken pakoras, delicious but tiny portions. We chose South Indian Chicken Curry and the Gosht Bhoona, again delicious, freshly cooked but tiny portions. There were about 4 bite sized pieces of lamb in my dish. There were two desserts on offer, ice cream and a chocolate fondant, no complaints about either. We had a bottle of Gruner Veltliner. The restaurant was busy with a constant stream for customers but not chaotic. The service was efficient but by no means friendly, the waitress brought the food and drink to our table but didn't check back with us at any stage. With our voucher and a tip the meal came to just over €60. If we hadn't had the voucher and guessing that desserts are at least €5 each we would have paid closer to €90, which would have been very pricy. Reduce the prices, increase the portion size and we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
mangoNavan_Ireland, Owner at Copper and Spices, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi Amo1160. Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of food and service at all times but apologise if we fell short of your expectations on this occasion. To start with, our portion sizes or our prices have not changed in over 4 years. Something that we here at Copper and Spices are very proud of. As you said the restaurant was busy, and its not just busy for diners but we have a very busy takeaway service also. I do apologize that no one came to check on your evening. I'm glad that you couldn't fault our food. The dining room vouchers was a great success for us, as we have welcomed a lot of new customers to Copper an Spices. Please keep in mind that we do run an early bird all evening for E20.00. We hope that you will give call to visit us again.