“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beautifulmeath

Beautifulmeath
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Navan
More attraction details
Owner description: Meath tours provide a professional service. We provide tours of heritage sites in the beautiful county of Meath which is the heritage capital of Ireland.The tours we do are private guided tours. We visit sites such as New Grange, The Hill of Tara, Trim Castle and many more.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was the best experience of my trip and I highly recommend taking a drive with Derek. I booked a trip with Derek a few weeks before heading to Dublin over St. Patrick's Day. Derek responded quickly to all my emails and answered all my questions. He was dependable, extremely knowledgeable, friendly, open, and kind. He shared stories and memories from his youth that added depth to the sites we saw. He was flexible when our plans changed. He was extremely accommodating when we asked to stop and have a refreshment. This day trip went above and beyond my expectations. Book a trip with Derek and you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Arlington13

Boston, Ma
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Meath was Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Derek Smith was a wonderful tour guide and driver. He was like a walking encyclopedia answering all my husbands questions. Often the history lesson was topped off with a personal story. We were part of a larger tour group but opted to leave our group and book a day with Derek for one of our days. Riding through the countryside in his van was a treat. He collected us at our Dublin hotel. The day with Derek was one of the highlights of our two week visit traveling throughout the country. Derek was personable and accommodating. Thank you Derek!

1 Thank KRLBoston
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour & Great Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The private day tour of Beautiful Meath with Derek Smith was one of the highlights of our August trip to Dublin. We are a family of four with two children, ages 19 and 17. Booking with Derek was quick and easy a few weeks before we arrived and he picked us up promptly at our hotel in a comfortable minivan. We spent the day visiting a variety of amazing historical sites in the beautiful countryside. His local knowledge was so appreciated and we thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with Derek throughout the day. He knew exactly when to schedule our stops to avoid crowds and take us off the beaten path to explore areas all to ourselves. His well planned itinerary even allowed us time for a quick lunch stop at a local cafe. It was a gem of a day and the value for his private day tour was excellent...we highly recommend it!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank griswolds4
Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“lovely tour with very kind and knowledgeable guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed our tour with Derek very much. He does the Irish storytelling-tradition pride: we learnt a lot about local myths and trivia as well as funny personal experiences :-)
Derek is very attentive funny and friendly. His good planning allowed us to see six sites, customized to our needs. The tour bus was spacious and comfortable.

Many thanks!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank FamilyfunSwitzerland
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beat the bus tours! Get a private experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Derek has his tours down! My girlfriends and I took a tour with Derek during St. Paddy's day weekend. A very busy tourist time. We had an amazing day! We didn't deal with the population of bus tours! We were the first to get to Bru na Boinne and see the amazing piece of history and we took photo opportunities that no one had the opportunity to get! Derek then took us to The historic ruins of Monasterboice, no one was there! It was so peaceful and we got to run around like little kids! He was patient and he was full of knowledgeable history. He escorted us up the Hill of Slane and Hill of Tara. We then got a quiet tour of Bective Abbey. Derek was a local and grew up in the region. I appreciated his stories from his youth and local lore as we drove from one destination to the next. And best of all he is laid back! I will be looking for people like Derek and his service where ever I go in the world. I took a large group tour later in the week, and let me say, nothing compares to the individual attention that Derek can give!

Visited March 2012