“Cozy and Beautiful!”

Ranked #3 of 19 Navan B&B and Inns
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Cozy and Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at Meadow View for 5 days in July and it is a wonderful bed and breakfast.
Nora and Jim are amazing people, kind and friendly. Nora welcomed me warmly, and she and Jim were very accommodating, especially as I was traveling alone and without a phone or car. They offered to pick me up and take me to the bus stop when I arrived and left Navan, and Nora even offered to call certain tours and sites for me, as I didn’t have a phone. The breakfast selection is very broad, always delicious, and Nora makes a perfect cup of coffee! I was very well fed in the morning! Nora made me a tray of tea and cakes one evening when she saw me coming in from a long walk. Needless to say, she and Jim when above and beyond the basics to ensure that I had a pleasant stay and everything I needed. The room I stayed in was very pretty and clean, and I could come and go as I pleased. The sitting room is cozy too, and there is tea and coffee available whenever you’d like. They keep the yard looking beautiful and there is a lovely little fountain out front where little birds bathe, and a picnic table if you want to sit outside. I was grateful to have found such a charming and hospitable place to stay.
Meadow View is only about 40 minutes from the airport, but I took the bus so it was about and hour and twenty minutes with all the stops. It’s an ideal location if you are visiting Co. Meath, with Slane and Trim close by and accessible by bus, and New Grange not far away. Meadow View was perfect for me because not having a car I could walk ten minutes into the center of town, or ten minutes out to beautiful country roads. If I am lucky enough to return to Co. Meath I will surely stay at Meadow View again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Grace G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Monroeville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ideal location for Newgrange and the airport.

Traditional Irish breakfast was a bit different than the other B&B's we stayed at that had a broader menu.

Good value and nice people.

Only 40 minutes to airport made this a relaxing place to end our Wonderful Irish Holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We called last minute and needed a room for 3. It was a bit tight but we had a lot of stuff for 3 weeks. Nora was most gracious in every way. The place was inviting, clean, bright in a lovely setting and as others have said, the breakfast was incredible. So many choices and the freshly baked scones were wonderful - not the usual bland. We will definitely recommend this find and hope to be back. Thank you, Nora.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nora and her husband couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. They welcomed us in on short notice, drove us to the village to catch the bus, provided us with an extension cord for the room so I could plug in my "breathing machine" and had tea available almost constantly. The room was lovely and even though we didn't have prior reservations she gave us a choice of rooms. Loved the power shower! Breakfast was lovely and unrushed and when we were leaving gave us great directions. She even took the trash from our rental car when she found out we were returning it that day. There were even fresh flowers everywhere! If we get back to Ireland we'll definitely spend time here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aachen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to Meadow View B&B just for one night, but felt like home.
Nora offert us tea at arrival. The room was very nice.
Everything was tidy and the breakfast was delicius. There was wide selection of cereals and fresh fruits.
We have to thank you. And we will definetly come back to the B&B for the next time in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Warm, friendly welcome. Tea on arrival was most welcome! Comfortable beds, great sleep!
Lovely breakfast, lots to choose from! Nora gave us great tips on places to go (which we did)
We will be recommending this B&B to others and will definitely return ourselves when in the area.
Bernie, Maria and Ciara (and Rio)

Room Tip: We had a front room which was lovely and quiet, even with the main road. We hadn't an en suite...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Meadow View bed and breakfast May 19 and were very pleased with our stay. Visitor beware, however, Trip Advisor and Google maps claim that the b&b is located at the corner of R162 and Slane Rd. That is not the case. The B&B is approximately 1 kilometer east of that intersection on the left side of the road.

When we finally found the place, we were delighted with how gorgeous the gardens and the home was! Despite having arrived late in the evening, Nora welcomed us with open arms. She suggested a number of restuarants for us to try and told us not to worry about coming back late.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and there was quite a bit of choices in cereals, fruit and yogurt, as well as a cooked Irish breakfast.

Thank you, Nora, for the wonderful stay! Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2013