“Worst sandwich I have ever had”
Review of Earl's kitchen

Earl's kitchen
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Navan
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Glanmire, Ireland
“Worst sandwich I have ever had”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I frequently have enjoyed EK , and while in Navan I would always have gone here. Today I paid just over 10€ for 2 pieces of dry brown bread covered loosely with dry, cheap, yesterday's lettuce, anaemic tomatoes and cheap sweet corn . Extremely disappointing. Not even table service anymore. The lettuce had been eaten by something not human . Has to ask for mayo to try and digest the whole thing. Cheap ingredients and v poor service at inflated prices . My advice - go somewhere else !

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ttripster

trim co meath
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Earls Kitchen is one of Navan hidden secrets just off the main street. The food is beautiful. The Soups are lovely. Main Courses to die for. The Desserts they are excellent you would not know what to choose I myself love the Pavalova and also their Apple Pies. The staff are very friendly.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank aly56
Hawker, Australia
“Just an average lunch”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stopped in for a quick lunch. Toasted sandwich and a coffe, delivered quickly. The coffee is not good. What can I say, 3 stars is harsh but 4 stars too much, so 3 it is.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Vintagecrop
Slane, Ireland
“Really wanted to like this place”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It has everything I like in a restaurant - it's small, tucked away, homemade food, individual - but I won't be going back. I went for lunch and my partner had the lasagne with salad, and I had a chicken and mushroom crumble. This was a pastry-based dish, so I was surprised when it was served warm, having been microwaved. Microwaving does no favours to pastry. I ate it anyway and it was pleasant enough, but bland (plus the pastry was stodgy thanks to the microwave). The potato salad and broccoli salad were better. We both agreed we might just get a sandwich on our next visit. We then ordered cappuccinos which were quite cool when they arrived. My partner brought them back and before asking if it was possible to get them heated, the waitress put her hand on the cups and rolled her eyes. Yes, they were warm enough to the touch, but not to the mouth, and definitely much cooler than any other cappuccino I've been served, and I don't like lukewarm coffee. The same waitress was on the till when we went to pay and was quite surly, presumably because of the coffees and rolled her eyes again when we tried to pay with credit card. When told they didn't take cards, my partner stood aside and suggested she deal with someone else while we looked for cash (or one of us went to an ATM if necessary). She refused as she said she'd already started ringing in our bill - but then proceeded to only start inputting the order, asking us what we had and ringing in both meals and both cappuccinos at that point. Very poor attitude, and not helpful to the people queueing after us (luckily I found cash but otherwise if we had to go to an ATM, what was she proposing for the people behind? And perhaps there's a sign that they don't take cards but I certainly didn't see one, and I see from reviews I'm not the only one). Won't be back.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Notmyrealname32
Dunboyne, Ireland
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Earl's Kitchen is a regular stopping point when passing through Navan. Their range of salads and mains is similar to the likes of Avoca Handweavers in terms of taste and quality only it's half the price!

My guilty pleasure however is their desserts, I can't pass by the place without picking up a lemon drizzle or mango mousse cake. I usually pick up some of their take-away meals too which keep my well dined at home throughout the week.

They also do food for parties which always goes down a treat!

• Visited May 2013