“Disappointing experience”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm sorry to say that my recent trip to the russell will be the last time I'll be visiting. The food on the whole ranged from poor to inedible. Starters were slow to arrive, with the meat being of such poor quality that most of it was left behind....and that was the highlight. Service was uninterested and very bad, the bill was unacceptable considering the experience. Why also does the chef feel the need to douse everything with basil oil? It would seem that the formula that worked so well in the loft does not translate to its new establishment...the lovely surrounding suggest a little more class.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Delaynomore

County Meath
“Extremely long wait”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked a table around Christmas time for 8.30. We were eating desert at midnight. I appreciate it was very busy on the night but don't allow the bookings if you cannot handle them. Very inattentive staff. Were waiting an hour before we were served drinks & also half of our party were left downstairs waiting as they were told the rest of us hadn't arrived! won't be back in a hurry

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cjay05
navan
“Overpriced food horrible staff don't go in hungry coz you will be waiting.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

went for a meal their as me and a few girls went their last march for a meal and we enjoyed it.But my things changed went in got seated waited for staff to serve us after half hour got our orders in starter fine main course one hour later cold no staff waiting on table it was not that it was busy never again would i go there for a restaurant in town close it Down.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank navanfoodie2014
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great Food - Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friend and I were staying at the Newgrange Hotel, on the opposite side of the street and popped in here for dinner. We were in for a real treat. Loved the decor, which was modern and clean. The menu was exciting with a great range of fusion dishes. The staff were courteous, friendly and efficient. I had the cod and she had the salmon - both were to die for. Perfectly cooked, moist and delicious. We chose a French red wine which was a little less satisfactory, having been billed as fruity but which, in fact, was quite oakey and rough. Sorry, the exact name escapes me. An excellent evening overall, a reasonable bill and Bellinis to finish off - what's not to like?! If ever we are in Navan again, we'll be back like a shot.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Taramo_11
Navan, Ireland
“Delicious - will be going back”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have enjoyed a few nights in the Russell since the new management took over. The menu has great variety, there is something for everyone and I have already established a few favourite dishes that I struggle to choose between!! I am looking forward to more nights there in the future!

• Visited December 2013