“'Having to run a Business'”
Review of Balrath Courtyard

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Navan
Balrath Courtyard
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I called to book for a relatives wedding on the 09 of August back in May and the lady was so polite but never advised that if cancelation needed to be made the deposit would not be refunded. on the 4th of June I called to cancel the booking, to be advised that no refund would be made, when I question why I was I not advised this at the time of the booking she advised 'I have to run a business too' I asked for the cancelation terms to be emailed to me. I provided her with my email address on the 4th of July at 2.15 at 16.45 I called back to see where the email was and was advised that that she was not in the office and it would be Monday when I would receive an email. I then had to contact Frances again today the 08th of July to see where this email is to be advised that our terms and conditions are on our website. I found the customer service a disgrace overall and very unhelpful. I understand that people are trying to run a business but the least they can do is to advise there clients in the case of a cancelation your deposit will not be refunded.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Gillian S
There are newer reviews for Balrath Courtyard

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here while attending a friend's wedding nearby. The setting is absolutely idyllic and our cottage was beautiful with a terrific view of the garden. The hostess Frances was so friendly and our welcome pack of scones and homemade jam was delightful. I only wish we could have stayed longer! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jena V
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in Balrath the night of a wedding nearby and were very pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. The cottage we were in was cozy and sizeable and the shower was excellent. The array of breakfast items was great too.

Frances and her husband were very welcoming. It was only a shame we were there for such a short time. We will definitely return if we are ever in the area again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise F
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently stayed in Balrath Courtyard in August with my family the night before my wedding. We booked two cottages for my family and some close friends so that we could stay close to the wedding ceremony venue. I can honestly say that we had a lovely stay! Our hostess, Frances was very friendly and welcoming. We were provided with milk, juice, cereal and some homemade scones on arrival in each cottage. This was a lovely touch and much appreciated by us.

The cottages were adorable, clean and cosy. Plenty of space for all our belongings. The gardens were absolutely beautiful and perfect for some photos on the morning of the wedding.

I would highly recommend Balrath Courtyard...cosy cottages in beautiful surroundings. Perfect!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hedwig84
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A mistake was made in our booking by Balrath & Co.(we have evidence to support this), we had booked ground floor accommodation but instead were allocated upstairs bedrooms (person could not negociate stairs). After a delay we were given an apartment with 1 bedroom downstairs, 1 upstairs and a loft area, which worked fine. After arriving back home we were texted to say we needed to pay for the privilidge of an extra bed! We did not agree to this but a few days later the money was deducted from our credit card without our agreement. Intrestingly when we were in Balrath we wanted to pay Balrath & Co. using a credit card - this was not accepted - only cash would do. Same applied to the occupants of two other apartments, they had to pay in cash aswell!

There is also a lot of unannouced visits to the apartment - you will feel under siege. All in all a visit to Balrath Courtyard leaves a sour taste. Be warned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MaureenS583
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were attending a wedding in Ballymagarvey Village and stayed in Balrath courtyard. There were 2 couples staying. The owner insisted that we pay up front for the accommodation. 'Breakfast' contents were left for us which consisted of 6 small eggs, small packet of sliced brown bread, half used carton of milk, jam which was smeared down the side of the small container, small amount of cereal and a few scones. I had to rinse out the kettle about 15 times as it was covered in lime particles. The accommodation was very expensive and attention to detail was lacking. Both couples were very disappointed and felt we were totally ripped off. we were sorry we hadn't staying in the Pillo hotel. You live and learn!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fitzgerald60
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday staying in Balrath Courtyard in Co.Meath. The accommodation was beautiful and was everything we could have asked for. We were a family of four with 2 boys of 10 and 7 and both boys loved "our cottage" and are keen to go back again. We were visiting family in the nearby village of Duleek so this was perfectly situated for us. The owners, Frances and Ray were wonderfully welcoming and have done a magnificent job of lovingly restoring these buildings. The gardens were just breathtaking! We will hopefully be booking again for next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Tankardstown
Tankardstown
#1 of 3 in Slane
Decoy Country Cottages

Been to Balrath Courtyard? Share your experiences!