“Scrumptious afternoon tea”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dublin ireland
“Scrumptious afternoon tea”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a delightful little tea shop with cheerful, charming and helpful staff. We thoroughly enjoyed sampling from a wonderful choice of home made cakes and pastries. A big pot of tea and fine china teacups. Sitting outside in the sun watching the world go by.

1 Thank LiamByrne

Dublin, Ireland
“A Darling Tea House”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

During a bicycle journey along county Mayo's old railway line we stumbled upon a darling tea house in Newport; The blue bicycle Tea Rooms!
This little gem ticks all the right boxes in my books; The decor is classic blue with lovely dainty laced fabric dressing the windows and tables, and bright eccentric teapots line the self as decorations when not functioning as their sole propose on a customers table. The charm continues outside into the terrace, where several blue picnic benches hide in the shade of lovely oversized umbrellas.
Being the creature of habit that I am, on both occasions we stopped there I'd ordered the Coffee Cake!!! I admit I did take fairly generous bites out of all my friends cakes too, just to taste what I was missing out on- sponge cake, apple tart, and orange cake- all equally as delicious as the last! On top of the atmosphere and great treats, the staff are all sweet and helpful.

My only complaint is the distance!! I will not get there often enough from Dublin- but on the bright side I will always look forward to going back!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SarahWritesandDreams
County Kerry, Ireland
“A gem on the Greenway”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I cycled the Greenway on a very wet July 22nd. We started in Achill and were heading to Westport. By the time we got to Newport we were dripping wet. Cycling through Newport this beautiful building caught our eye so we went to the door and asked for tea to take away, the staff insisted we come in and sit down, Mrs Chambers invited us to have a shower and she offered to dry our clothes, such kindness and genuine consideration for strangers who just happened to be passing through. We ordered 2 salads and a pot of tea, the food was just delicious, so fresh and beautifully presented in a lovely atmosphere. The tea served in real china teapots and teacups was bliss, we then had to sample the lovely apple tart and strawberry sponge cake. This dining was a one of our highlights on our trip to Mayo.After climbing Croagh Patrick the following day we decided to come back to the Blue Bicycle again for lunch. It's a truly wonderful gem on the Greenway, the hospitality is wonderful and the food delicious. We would definitely recommend this for a visit.

1 Thank Eileen2429
London
“Quant little tea shop - worth a visit”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were on the greenway route from Westport to Newport, had read the reviews of this place, really wanted to check it out. We ordered a huge pot of tea and a mixture of salads , soups and sandwiches.
The soda bread was beautiful, my goats cheese salad was small but perfect! The soup was lovely and the panini tasty. Really liked the staff and vibe of this restaurant, would definitely go back ! Recommended !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank tdowney98
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

A wonderful selection of homemade cakes to choose from. The choice was so hard I had the orange cake the first day and came back the following day for the apple tart. Good coffee to wash it all down, all enjoyed in the back garden in lovely weather. Very friendly staff and owners.

1 Thank darraghconnolly2014