“A splendid day out”
Review of Clewbay Charters

Clewbay Charters
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Clewbay charters offers full or half day fishing trips. Explore Clewbay and its 365 islands hosting an array of wildlife and breath taking scenery.
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A splendid day out”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent last Saturday 14th September 2013 on a fishing trip in Clew Bay with Clewbay Charters, the best fishing trip I have been on with the most capable and attentive crew. Local knowledge combined with a sixth sense for fish meant we were soon reeling in the mackerel, Dogfish and Huss. Meantimes stories flowed and bacon and sausage sandwiches came hot from the mess. A perfect day on the bay- Highly recommended - Many thanks Darragh and Steve.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank thedavitt

Wicklow, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing with Clewbay Charters (1st time every to write a review)”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I organised a day’s fishing for a family boys day out in August. We are not experienced fishermen so I was not too sure what to expect. In short the day was truly excellent, every one of our party of 9 had an outstanding day, our group ranged in age from 16 to 75!, We enjoyed our day so much I felt compelled to write my first every review of anything.

So if you want an truly memorable day I cannot recommended these guys highly enough.

We will be back next year.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank James O
Mayo,Ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Whether you're fishing or just sightseeing a boat trip out into Clewbay is a must on a fine day”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were fortunate to have fabulous weather for our trip around the islands in Clewbay. We combined sightseeing with a little fishing and I would highly recommend this.It's an ideal trip for groups and families and anyone who would appreciate the beautiful scenery. The owner was a well informed guide, very accommodating and relaxed.It is also possible to do three hour fishing trips.Well worth the money!

Visited July 2013
Dublin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just spent 4 hours fishing in clew bay with clewbay charters! They couldn't have done enough for us! It was my familys first time fishing including 2 children (11 and 9 girls)! They loved it!! We fished for mackerel and it was plentiful! At one stage my 11 yr old daughter had 5 fish on her line! It was very impressive!!! Along with cups of tea and fresh fired mackerel baby potatoes boiled in salty water covered with butter was on the menu! I could have had a whole pot full!! Delish!! Great day out! Great skipper!! Great company!! Couldn't recommend them enough!! Child friendly and very patient even with a very squirmish mother!!

1 Thank Aineos
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day out and very family friendly!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We really enjoyed are day out with Clewbay Charters. Saw some seals, cruised round the islands, even caught a rather big fish! Crew were very friendly and very patient with our two over-excited boys. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2011