“Not a happy lodger”

and 1 more site!
Oystercatcher Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carlingford
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Oyster Catcher lodge with my son and was not impressed. We arrived on Friday evening having travelled for four hours. The room was spacious but freezing cold. We also stayed on the Saturday night which turned out to be a complete nightmare. Unfortunately we had not realised that Carlingford is set up for Hen Nights and Stags. We went to bed early as we had to get up early the following morning for a sporting competition. The nightmare started at around midnight with revellers spilling out onto the streets. The noise was unbearable and lasted until around 4:30am the following morning. At no time was the reception manned and there was no place to make a complaint. The total cost was €120 for one cold nights sleep. Not a happy lodger :(

Room Tip: If you are going for a good drinking night out then this is the place to go.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Gniwor
There are newer reviews for Oystercatcher Lodge

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a group of friends so we had the whole place to ourselves. Around the corner is the Main Street where all the pubs are and great choices for dinner. Private parking at the owners house next door and chinese and shop across the road!! What more could you ask for on a good nite out.
Rooms a bit chilly at night as only have storage heater so pack the thermals for the sleepover.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Great self catering accommodation in middle of carlingford. Comfortable. Shame not bed and breakfast, but got a self catering kitchen and cafe right next door that do a full Irish breakfast. Was there for a friend's wedding and it was just perfect. Very practical.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kim B
Reviewed October 13, 2013

13 off us stayed here,it was very clean and very spacious..very comfortable bed ! dont think it wud suit if u wer staying with children as it was quite noisy outside,there is a chinese across the street..but all in all a lovely place,close to all amenities :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Angela518
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the oystercatcher lodge in September. The location is excellent and the rooms are spacious and clean! The lady who checked me in and the gentleman who checked me out were so warm and friendly! When back in Carlingford I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MrsCrossey
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Oystercatcher with a group. There were a large number of us staying, and the numbers changed a number of times, but the management were helpful at all times. when I arrived (early), they sorted out my room for me immediately. The rooms were huge, and nobody had any complaint at all during the stay.
The location is fantastic, right in the centre of town.
I also met both the son and daughter of the owners, and they seemed like really nice people.
we didn't have breakfast, and I can also recommend the café up the hill from the lodge past the kingfisher bistro.
If I'm ever back in Carlingford, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to stay in the Oyster Catcher on our travels to get a break from corporate hotels. We were greeted by the owner who is a unusual charming witty fellow. The loft room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The views of the hills and waters are wonderful. Breakfast was wonderful..

The cat was inquisitive about the lodgers!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Four Seasons Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
MourneView Bed & Breakfast
MourneView Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 13 in Carlingford

Been to Oystercatcher Lodge? Share your experiences!