“Beautiful Staff, Amazing food and the staff are polite, friendly and selfless!”
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carlingford
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel a few times, the food was great, the staff are so friendly and make you feel so welcome. The breakfast could feed the 5000 and is so delicious! I actually paid for my sister and brother in law to go and I knew they would be guaranteed a great experience and they loved it!! So thank you to all at the hotel for making it a great experience for them. I always try to go somewhere different but this hotel is a treasure and keeps attracting me back!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the suites and they are gorgeous, they are a little extra but well worth it!! (O...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights with family to attend a wedding. Very mixed experience overall - some staff superb - others really awful. Check-in was very poor. We arrived at 1.30pm as my wife and daughter wanted to change in the hotel before the wedding ceremony at 3.30pm in Carlingford village. There was no info on the hotel website on the check in time but I thought it reasonable to assume that we would have no problems getting checked in - given that the hotel knew the time of the wedding and should have expected that guests would want to check in beforehand. But we were advised on arrival that check in time was 3pm. When it became clear that our room would not be ready even at 3pm, my wife and daughter had to change in the ladies toilets - not a particularly clean area at all incidently - as the hotel was unable to offer them anywhere at all as an alternative for them to change. Throughout our stay, some staff seemed totally disinterested in customer service - bar/night staff after the reception in particular who closed shutters/stopped music mid-tune without warning, were rude to some guests who complained and then proceeded to sit and drink away themselves behind reception. While this did not affect my family and I directly, it was a very poor ending to a wonderful day for many of our friends and did cause distress for the bride/groom/parents who wanted all their guests to enjoy themselves. However the breakfast and leisure centre staff were excellent - and the staff who served us very good food at the wedding reception and at the barbeque the following day were faultless. Carlingford is a beautiful little spot - wonderful for visitors and a perfect venue for a wedding - I'd love to be able to recommend this hotel unreservedly as just recognition for all those staff who were excellent but I'm afraid there are a few staff who bring the standard down. Thank goodness for those staff who did care during our stay and for the fact that we had many great friends around us so we still had a great time despite the "Basils".

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank The_Cuchullain
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Called in on a day trip for afternoon tea with my daughter and two granddaughters . Connor served us and couldn't have been nicer if he tried! Anything we asked for was not a problem he couldn't have been more pleasant or obliging and is surely a great asset to the hotel . We will be back !!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently to attend a wedding. The room cost €140 so we were expecting something really nice. What we got was out dated and seriously needed to be freshened up.
Check in was extremely slow and the staff were less than friendly. Breakfast the next day left a lot to be desired. Such a pity because carlingford is a beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cooliob
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Heard a lot of positive things about the hotel so was looking forward to our visit for my birthday.
The hotel has an excellent location and is within walking distance from the village itself.
We were initially put into a standard room: I was extremely disappointed;having been n the website, I had expected a higher standard. A dated TV, curtains hanging off the pole, carpet that was very ill fitted (ever had that sinking feeling with carpet? So many ripples I felt sea sick!), the bathroom was very fusty and the bed looked very saggy and had the comfort to go with it.
After a visit to reception we were moved to an executive room; this time it was lovely, great space and clean. Only downfall was no air conditioning and the shower turned into a wet room due to the divet in the bath.
We were on a package which included a meal. Only complaint here was that we weren't allowed to eat in the restaurant and had to endure a lot of swearing from off duty bar men and wedding guests. The food however was of a good standard, if a little more seasoning would have been nice.
We had a great nights sleep followed by a very hearty breakfast which I would definitely recommend.
A great positive was that the staff were so friendly and welcoming apart from our off duty chums in the bar.
The hotel has a lot of potential and obviously makes a good profit out of the wedding market; however focusing on some basic upgrades to their current rooms would really make it shine.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank bubblyangel
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went with a group, we were initially shocked at the prices which were a bit on the steep side, but the hotel provided us with a wonderful range of food and extremely attentive waiters and waitresses who were very obliging., all in all a very pleasant experience and the selection we made actually turned out less expensive than our initial predictions.

The food is unpretentious and presented very well, I ordered toasted sandwiches, which were made fresh on the premises, I think sandwiches are a good indication of how well food is prepared, the fillings were fresh and the bread was of a good consistency.

Great location and good for groups or the solo traveller.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having read the reviews below I wasn't looking forward to this stay much (my wife booked it).
But just to correct a) the hotel appears to have been refurbished recently, b) there is wifi in the bedrooms (on the 2nd floor at least) c) the swimming pool is well kept and maintained.
We enjoyed the stay and thought the hotel was very good value - and Carlingford was great

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Oystercatcher Lodge
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
The Whistledown Hotel
The Whistledown Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warrenpoint

Been to Four Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!