“nice food very central”

Ranked #17 of 27 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an Irish traditional pub that serves pub grub at a high standard downstairs, a disco bar upstairs that attracts a crowd of all age groups at the weekend and a banquet hall in the castle, enjoy cheers
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Found this lovely bar and restaurant today- the food was good but slow and they hadn't turned the coffee machine on - so no coffee. Very reasonably priced and a great place to eat. The place wasn't busy, and the staff were friendly.

There are newer reviews for Taaffes Castle Bar

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Grab a table by the fireplace and put up your feet! It was a damp day in March when we visited, and the glowing coal fireplace was just the ticket. We ordered our food at the bar and the waitress brought it to our table. There was a game on, so getting service was a little slow, but you can't be in a hurry in Ireland! The food was very good - our group had burgers, soup, sandwiches, chicken, fries and all were found to be good. The town is neat too, even on a dreary day.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

17 of us arrived in this pub Sunday afternoon 4/5/14 and stayed till closing time. Great atmosphere and banter between us and the bar staff who looked after us very well. We all got something to eat through the day and the food was very good and well priced. Everyone of us will be back, Great pub.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Lovely quaint historic pub where I spent an evening recently with friends. The atmosphere was excellent and there was a great band playing. I misplaced my purse, leaving it behind and one of the staff handed it in and kept it safely for me which was gratefully appreciated.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Went there with my boyfriend after a hike last Sunday because the food looked reasonably priced. I ordered a ham and cheese toasty but the amount of cheese that was on it was sickening, I only ate two bites. I had to leave the restaurant to get some fresh air and I was afraid I would be sick. My boyfriends chicken goujons and wedges came out in a strange circular black thing which meant he had nowhere to cut the chicken he ended using my plate to cut it. The waitress cleared our table and could clearly see that I didn't eat the cheese toasty so I explained why. They said our transaction was already put through the till so they had to charge me for something I didn't even it!!! I was still feeling the effects of the cheese toasty the next day! Safe to say, ill never be back!

1  Thank MQ122014