“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oystercatcher Bistro - CLOSED

The Oystercatcher Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Classical Bistro style, chef and wife team, unpretentious, mediterrean atmosphere, with quality fish game and meats products sourced locally, The Oystercatcher also offers its version of "Street Food" each Sunday afternoon, with local oysters, dressed crab, Carlingford smoked salmon and chowders
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I left the restaurant when the rude waitress told me I had to order a minimum of 15 euro worth of food. All i wanted was a starter as i wasn't that hungry. I was with a group of 4 and the others all ordered 15 euro plus worth of food each. I understand if the place is packed but this was Sunday evening at 6pm. There were only 2 other tables in there. I've never experienced service this bad!!! Can't comment on the food, I'm sure it was lovely.

• Visited May 2014

“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Randomly picked this restaurant on a busy Saturday night with no booking. There were 5 of us and we went with no expectations. We did not have a booking but as we were early agreed to vacate at 8.00 pm. However the hostess then informed us there was no rush as she had found another table. The food was excellent and the flavour was exceptional! Portions were generous and the price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this venue...... Try it you won't regret it. I am not big foodie but have traveled and dined a lot over the years and there are very few places that I would be bother to write a review for.... But this is definitely one of them

• Visited April 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

After reading the review below I had to write a review on the Oystercatcher Bistro. Both my boyfriend and I have been here several times throughout the last two years. The owners are wonderful, with the chef leaving the kitchen regularly to check our meals and explain the menu. He even spent 20 minutes talking about the best way to cook our Christmas turkey (which turned out delicious!).
The food itself is delicious, wonderful flavours and excellently cooked. They use lots of fresh local produce and will happily talk about the sources of their ingredients.
When reading possibly the only bad review of this place below, you have to understand the restaurant is tiny with only about 15 seats. They need to make allowances for this and want diners to be ordering main dishes and not just sides.
I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone, it is one of my firm favourites in a small village with more restaurants than houses.

• Visited December 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Horrible service, wouldn't recommend for those who just want oysters”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

After a nice BBQ at home decide to travel to Carlingford just to have some oysters. 3 of us were embarrassed in front of everyone in the restaurant when they asked us to leave because they have a minimum charge of 15 Euro per person. All we wanted was some Oysters and a couple of drinks. But because we didn't want to order the main course the menus were snatched out of our hands and we were pointed towards the door. As a food fanatic and traveling around the world this was the worst service I ever had anywhere. Otherwise the menu looked great, just didn't want anything but Oysters.
Travelled for an hour to this place just to be kicked out.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants to have a nice evening with Oysters and Cognac with friends.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank samsoniks
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited the restaurant by chance as we wanted to try some of the local oysters. We did not expect we were about to have one of the best dining experiences ever. What an amazing place! The menu is unique with an lovely mix of dishes so if you like fish (Sweaty Betty was excellent) or are a meat eater (rack of ribs on special was amazing), you will find something for you. Try the oysters, really nice and fresh. The managers were really friendly and service was wonderful. If they were my local restaurant, I would eat there every week. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2014