“really good food”
Review of The Oystercatcher Bistro - CLOSED

The Oystercatcher Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Classical Bistro style, chef and wife team, unpretentious, mediterrean atmosphere, with quality fish game and meats products sourced locally, The Oystercatcher also offers its version of "Street Food" each Sunday afternoon, with local oysters, dressed crab, Carlingford smoked salmon and chowders
Reviewed March 19, 2013

had a really lovely meal i the Oyster Catcher, I had the Hake, a really generous portion, cooked to perfection, my husband had the chowder very impressed. Also had the cheesecake for dessert.The service was very good and very welcoming, would definitely recommend this restaurant to fellow travelers.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Table of four last night. Warmly welcomed by the owner and staff. A glass of Prosecco as we per used the menu. Not your normal bistro menu - some real thought has gone into putting this menu together. I had the scallops followed by venison. Both were absolutely fantastic. Others in the group had the hake and the salmon. Everyone extremely happy.
At the end of the meal Harry came round each table for a chat.
Probably the best in Carlingford or the wider locality.
Really worth travelling to this restaurant for excellent food, imaginatively prepared and presented. Very reasonable price also.
Wine list is short but well chosen (personally I would like to see more French red choices, as that is my tipple of choice. But then again it is nice to be forced out of my comfort zone. We had an excellent Rioja).

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been to The Oystercatcher twice, and on both occasions the food was absolute perfection.
The restaurant is friendly, welcoming, and relaxed.

The staff are very attentive , and the menu has obviously been created by a Chef who really loves what he is doing.

The great thing is that the food is superb, and the prices are very reasonable.

I have had the Boar, which is a fist sized piece of lean boar that has been marinade and cooked for hours, the flavour is wonderful and the meat is melt in the mouth perfect.

The seafood is excellent, beautifully and elegantly presented, frankly I can not fault this wonderful little Bistro at all, and I'm bloody fussy!

They are doing a two course early bird menu (which has the wonderful black pudding and muesli starter), for NINETEEN EUROS! At todays rates that's SIXTEEN POUNDS FIFTY for a really good meal.

Ten out of Ten.

If this sounds sycophantic, I don't apologise, too many times I am disappointed by my eating experiences in Ireland, and when somewhere is this spot-on, I don't mind letting people know, it's a wee gem!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and it is consistently good. If you like food full of flavour, this is the place to go. It is really reasonable, staff really friendly and has a great selection. Menu is a bit different to the other restaurants in Carlingford. If you are looking for something a bit more adventurous than meat and two veg, this is the place to go.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went with my wife last week and were very pleasantly surprised not only by a real exquisite meal (fantastic black pudding and Cataplana, perhaps the best ever fish soup I have ever tasted) and my wife her BBC pork. This restaurant is runned by Harry (chef) and Marian e (service) that couldn't be friendlier! Harry is the best sales person one can encounter and just to hear how he describes his dishes is a joy!!!!!!!!!! highly recommend this wonderful restaurant in the beautiful town of Carlinford.