“Agree with all the other race reviews”

The Bay Tree Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a beautiful little personal restaurant right in the center of a Medieval Village called Carlingford. Co. Louth. We provide a wonderful array of beautiful meals... Carlingfords only Michelin rated restaurant. We also have 7 beautiful B & B rooms located on our premises. We serve not only the freshest of produce, fish, meats and everything else on our premises. Our poly tunnel supplies us a lot of the year with fresh herbs, salad leaves from our garden which is also on site. We serve freshly ground coffee and lovely cups of tea in the morning and it is a delight to walk through our little garden on a summers evening. We have 2 private function rooms which can hold up to 40. Christenings, Communions, Birthdays, all occasions, specializing in our service for pre-wedding meals.
Dublin, Ireland
“Agree with all the other race reviews”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch here yesterday. Lived up to our expectations after reading the reviews. Really great quality food for €25 for 3 courses. It was delicious. We had scotch egg with black pudding and tempura prawn starters. 3/4 of our group had the duck and I had the lamb shank for mains. Deserts were raspberry cheesecake, pavalova with fresh fruit and sticky toffee pudding! A beer and wine per person! Coffees all round afterwards! Each course and choice was enjoyed and complimented! Would highly recommend.

3 Thank songbird030709

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Bay Tree was recommended to us by the bar staff across the road and we couldn't have picked a friendler and more relaxed restaurant. The service was excellent and very prompt. The choice was excellent and less than 25 Euro for a 3 course meal of such high quality standard was amazing. My husband had the lamb shank for his main course and has raved about it since we came home.I had the duck which is not something I would normally order as it always tends to be dry. The duck was so tender and juicy it melts in your mouth! Dessert was scrumptious - creme caramel and homemade honeycomb. I can't recommend the restaurant highly enough and look forward to a return visit. A big thank you to Conor and the staff.

2 Thank tripl0ver10
dublin
“Still as good if not better”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

It's been two years since I was here last, and we went last night. Fabulous is all I can say. Great meal, very friendly and very helpful patient staff. I always find it hard to choose my main course but the girl was a great help. Set menu €25 brilliant and an al a carte too. Well worth a visit. The red house wine is excellent to. Pinot noir.

1 Thank kt-bird
Owensboro, Ky
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food was great. Service was a bit slow. The Bill was for the wrong amount but we didn't notice until after we left and did not bring it to their attention so in fairness not sure how they would have handled it.

1 Thank patellaOwensboro
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were in Carlingford for the weekend and had dinner here on the Sunday night. The starter Caesar salad was absolutely delicious a great portion which my husband and I shared. My monkfish was good and my husband enjoyed his lamb shank but thought it could have been more tender. We decided to share a chocolate parfait dessert but it was frozen solid and we couldn't manage to cut into it. However, the waitress melted it somewhat and supplied a knife to cut into it and it was tasty.

1 Thank ElizaJane90