“Delicious food and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Baytree

The Baytree
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a beautiful little personal restaurant right in the center of a Medieval Village called Carlingford. Co. Louth. We provide a wonderful array of beautiful meals... Carlingfords only Michelin rated restaurant. We also have 7 beautiful B & B rooms located on our premises. We serve not only the freshest of produce, fish, meats and everything else on our premises. Our poly tunnel supplies us a lot of the year with fresh herbs, salad leaves from our garden which is also on site. We serve freshly ground coffee and lovely cups of tea in the morning and it is a delight to walk through our little garden on a summers evening. We have 2 private function rooms which can hold up to 40. Christenings, Communions, Birthdays, all occasions, specializing in our service for pre-wedding meals.
nottingham
“Delicious food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I wanted to write a long overdue review of this fabulous restaurant.We ate here in November as part of a friends hen do.The staff could not have been more welcoming and the food was absolutely beautiful.I would highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly return.

• Visited November 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Walker's retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

4 of us travelled to meet, have a walk on Carlingford & Barnavave mountain and then relax over a good meal. We booked to stay and eat in The Bay tree on recommendation of the owners of The Apothecary in Carlingford. The food was wonderful, we had hake, duck and beef bouringnon, really perfectly cooked. The desserts were also gorgeous, we enjoyed the creme caramel. The malbec was a fantastic accompaniment. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best restaurant in Louth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is excellent, super service, nice room for dining, above all the food is excellent, Michelin star quality, well presented. Pork belly is amazing, desserts are class! Definitely come back

Dublin, Ireland
“Possibly the best meal I've ever had in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My experience of this restaurant last night has prompted me to write my first ever review! This is an exceptional place.

We had wandered around Carlingford earlier that day browsing at the menus of all the various restaurants there, but the Bay Tree stood out for myself and my wife. The staff were excellent - my wife had mentioned in passing that it was my birthday that day, so a surprise mini selection of treats were prepared for me for my dessert. Apart from that the starter (duck samosa) and main (pork belly) were perhaps the nicest meals I have had anywhere (including the likes of Chapter One in Dublin). The individual flavours contained in each of the dishes has to be experienced in person and cannot be described properly in words (or at least I cannot do them justice!).

A really exceptional place in terms of service and quality, with the price being reasonable for the quality also. We will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and first class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was a friendly welcoming restaurant. Food was first class and portions generious. Prices a little expensive but great service made up for that

Visited September 2013