“Delicious food”

Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a beautiful little personal restaurant right in the center of a Medieval Village called Carlingford. Co. Louth. We provide a wonderful array of beautiful meals... Carlingfords only Michelin rated restaurant. We also have 7 beautiful B & B rooms located on our premises. We serve not only the freshest of produce, fish, meats and everything else on our premises. Our poly tunnel supplies us a lot of the year with fresh herbs, salad leaves from our garden which is also on site. We serve freshly ground coffee and lovely cups of tea in the morning and it is a delight to walk through our little garden on a summers evening. We have 2 private function rooms which can hold up to 40. Christenings, Communions, Birthdays, all occasions, specializing in our service for pre-wedding meals.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious meal in The Bay Tree recently. The main course was delicious and the dessert to die for! The cost wasn't cheap but was reasonable.The service was good and the waitress helpful.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Rarely does one have the experience of eating a work of art, but the three course meal we had here at The Bay Tree last month was just that. I wish I'd taken a photo of it. Not only was everything colorfully and artistically arranged and shaped, but perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. It began with huge Carlingford oysters grilled with garlic, spinach and goat cheese. We then had local lamb shank that fell off the bone and melted in the mouth, surrounded by the most beautiful assortment of veggies I've ever seen. Desserts were equally amazing. The second night we ate elsewhere and will always regret that decision.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Bay Tree was amazing. The food was out of this world and the staff were fantastic in making sure your requirements were met. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great which made the night more enjoyable. I would recommend this fabulous restaurant to everyone who visits Carlingford.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I've just recovered from my hen do and felt I had to review this restaurant. Myself and 21 hens booked the private room for our party so we could relax and make as much noise as we liked without disturbing any other diners. The food was fantastic, was out on time and was perfectly cooked despite such a large party. The daube of beef was beautiful. The staff were friendly and attentive but also gave us privacy. The room was a great size and nicely decorated, we certainly felt at home. The shoes were off! Thank you for a lovely evening.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boyfriend booked us a weekend in Carlingford for my birthday and upon reading the reviews we chose this restuarant as my birthday meal. I was not dissapointed. From the moment we walked in we were well looked after. We have been to many many restuarants and this personally was my favourite. I had the spring lamb..wow... All the falvaours complimented each other extremely well. I absolutely can not wait to go back. We'd even drive the hour drive to return :)