“Our overnite stay at the Belvedere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Belvedere House

and 1 more site!
Belvedere House
Ranked #4 of 13 Carlingford B&B and Inns
Belfast
“Our overnite stay at the Belvedere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My five friends and myself took a trip to the Belvedere Carlingford for an overnite stay. The accommodation was excellent very clean and great rates. Its central so a short distance to the quaint shops and friendly pubs. We had a lovely time breakfast was excellent and the proprietor Connor and his lovely wife were so friendly and helpful. I would recommend The Belvedere to anyone wanting an overnite stay in beautiful Carlingford
Thank you the Banbridge girls.

Room Tip: We had a room to the front which we enjoyed however i would say if you had children or wanted a qu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ecole7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
kildare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was really looking forward to my night away on Saturday to go to my friends hen. My child had been sick and I had had very little sleep in 2 weeks. I arrived on Sat evening. The lady who met me at reception went off to get the keys (I did find it strange that she went into the kitchen area and I could see her on her phone for a few minutes leaving me waiting but I was so happy for some me time I ignored this). She brought me upstairs, I have to say wasnt hugely welcoming, again I was delighted to be away so I ignored this. She pointed out that the room was in a noisy area and that was that. I was surprised as normally people tell you this on the phone when its the last room (which it was when I made the booking - I was told). I said to the lady that noone told me that one phone. I think that is a fair statement. Her reaction was something I have never experienced in all my time travelling for both work and living abroad for 6 years. She asked me did I want to stay or not, was very defnensive and agressive. I have to say I was utterly shocked. I am in management position in PayPal and lead customer service teams so to me this was shocking. I asked her was this how she always spoke to her customers. And she said again did I want to stay or not. I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager which I found incredible. She basically then told me she could sell the room at a higher price and told me to get out. I actually couldnt follow her as I was close to tears. I was on my own, my husband wasnt with me and I did not know where else to go. I stayed in the room to calm down as I was very shook. I went back downstairs hoping I dont know what for as I felt very stressed. I was greeted by a lovely woman who took the time to talk to me, she got me a glass of red wine and brought me back to the room. I felt so verbally abused and I will still holding back the tears. I am a decent person and I still am in shock at how I was treated. I went on out that night, and got back at 12.45 as I was very tired. I bumped into the lovely lady who had helped me and a man who appeared to be the other own/partner of the rude lady. He spoke to me,though he initially didnt want to as he had had a few beers and wanted to be professional. I told him I would be leaving in the morning and that there was no way I could eat breakfast there (the nice lady had told me the rude person would be on duty and I just felt too upset to face her again). The nice man gave me ear plugs (she could have just given that to me in the first place!). I got some sleep but I didnt feel comfortable after my experience so I arrived home after a child free night away just as wrecked as I arrived. I checked out, had to face this person, and she did not apologise. When I said I wouldnt be staying for breakfast, she still charged me the whole amount and told me to have a nice day
Honestly I am still taken aback that someone could provide this level of customer experience in today's world. I have had no follow up from her other partner by phone since. I know I provided my phone when I checked in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
17 Thank EMMAKeogh
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recently stayed at Belvedere House after deciding to stay a second night in Carlingford after a wedding at The Four Seasons Hotel. Our room was small but adequate and spotlessly clean. The bed was a beautiful pine bed.
The bathroom was spotless and great.
Our breakfast the next morning was very tasty and filling.
It was such great value and will definately be staying there again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katrina A
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Belvedere House is a fantastic b&b right in the heart of the main street in Carlingford. The rooms were beautiful - real attention to detail, especially the gorgeous beds! We had a meal in their beautiful restaurant downstairs and the food was amazing. Breakfast was included which was delicious. Cant rate the experience highly enough :)

There is a pub right across the road ...and down the street ...and around the corner. I think we counted and went to 4 in one night.

Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We booked two rooms and both were beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Holidaze23
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had the good luck to be guests once again in Belvedere House and it was well worth the wait for the return visit,room was spotless,beds comfy and staff friendly,our meal in the attached Baytree resturant was superb as was the two breakfasts we enjoyed there!My only complaint is the fact i had to come home lol,can,t wait to get back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roisin_mcareavey
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great spot for an overnight stay with the village pubs at your doorstep and a very accomplished restaurant on the premises to provide an evening meal. Staff friendly and accommodating.
Room might be a little on the tight side for some people.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our room was very clean and bed very comfortable..Ensuite bright, clean and roomy..Breakfast very good and evening meal excellent.We had a few problems but these were well resolved by Conor and Kristina and we were very happy. would stay again.Great location.

Room Tip: I believe rooms at back of building are quieter at busy weekends.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryrose42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Oystercatcher Lodge
#3 of 13 in Carlingford
Ghan House
Ghan House
#1 of 4 in Carlingford

Been to Belvedere House? Share your experiences!