“Good value for money”
Review of Belvedere House

Belvedere House
Ranked #3 of 13 Carlingford B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just spent three nights here to enjoy Carlingford Oyster Festival. Our room, at the rear of the property, was spacious and clean and tidy. It was really quiet despite all the late night bars near the property. It was a nice touch to have a bottle of water and small toiletries provided.

We had an iron and ironing board in our room which made it easy to get clothes ironed and helped get us out the door for the festivities.

Breakfast was delicious and the limited serving time (9am until 10am) was okay but could be restrictive for other guests.

We would certainly return next time we visit Louth.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the property to guarentee a good night's sleep
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Belvedere House

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights whilst attending a wedding at the four seasons,13 and 14th July, the room was tidy and clean, we stayed at the front of the house and never heard any noise, maybe because we didn't get back until late ourselves. I appreciated the bottled water in the room(nice touch) the breakfast was very good, nothing was a bother, whatever you requested you could have, for the price the stay was good, I would and have said to my friends about it, I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Carlingford village is nice place to stay and this B&B has a central location.
Rooms are small, but just OK.
Street noise can be a problem.
Lady at the front desk was extremely rude when I made gentle remark about this; she ingored us. I guess didn't care since we already payed and she figured we would not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdVr
ConorWoods, Owner at Belvedere House, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hello , i am very surprised by your review of Belvedere house. you stayed with us sat 7th of July. you had a room to the rear of the building, which is the quieter part of the building.
Carlingford is a very busy lively village, particularly on a sat night in July.
we are located in the center of the village. It is completely out of my control if people are out in the streets making noise. I find it unfair of you to blame us for it.
When you gently asked about the noise on the street were you asking for a reduction in price? When you didn't get it were you got annoyed and posted an unfair review of us?

I refute the claim that you were given a very rude answer at reception. You were told that we are unable to do anything about the noise, which is true. It is also very frustrating for us too.
We certainly did not give you an unreasonable answer because you had already paid. This is not how we operate. Never have, never will.

Our rooms are small, clean , and reasonably priced. We don t pretend to be luxury.
We pride ourselves on being nice to customers, we wouldn't be in business very long if we were rude. we have a lot of repeat business, as you can see from our previous reviews.
I hope you will return were you will receive a very warm welcome from us.

Kind regards
Conor & kristina

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed at Belvedere House last night while attending a nearby wedding.
Checked in - room small but lovely - having read that it might be noisy I was a bit concerned as it faced the main street - I need'nt have been - was very quiet all night.
Had dinner last night - excellent food and good service.
Slept well
Breakfast this morning was great too. Perhaps the selection was small if not going for a cooked breakfast but there was 4 or 5 cereals, porridge, very nice fruit salad.
Coffee was good and didnt taste anything other than fresh.

Overall great - I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Overall our stay in Carlingford was lovely but a few things contributed to making the accomodation slightly average. The room was a good size, the bed was lovely and comfy but the heat in the room was almost unbearable. Very difficult to sleep at night. The heat was on in the corridors so maybe this was contributing to the stuffiness.

We didn't eat breakfast in the restaurant the first morning as we planned a morning out so maybe the staff thought we didn't want to be disturbed and therefore didn't clean our room. I had checked the card in the room and it said let us know if you don't want your room cleaned as I didn't notify the staff I didnt want my room clean I would expect it to be cleaned. Also there were a few bits of make-up let over from last guests, nothing major just eye-shadow brush and an eyeliner but you would expect them to be more thorough in their cleaning.

Though it is not the fault of the Guesthouse as they are located beside some pubs but there was alot of noise outside the 1st evening. A couple were fighting (screaming) in the alley which leads up to the rooms for over half an hour and twice some men used it to urinate... you could hear everything as we needed to keep the windows open due to the heat in the room, so it made for less than romantic evening. I did notice a gate there so it might be beneficial to lock this?

Overall the price is considerably less than the Four Seasons but I doubt it would be on my list to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is an excellent spot to stay in order to enjoy the local area. It is centrally located in the village. Our room was very comfortable and although we were on the main street noise levels were fairly low. The jewel in the crown is the restaurant - the food here is excellent I had the scallops which were perfectly cooked followed by the lamb -it was melt in the mouth! Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent also. All in all a very pleasant stay. I would highly recommend Belvedere House and the Baytree Restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had the triple guest room which was beautiful and the bathroom massive.. lots and lots of snow white towels..Slap bang right in the middle of carlingford.. When we booked the B&B the main reason was that I didnt like our stay in the hotel.. so the Belvedere it was.. as I had read great reviews abt the restaurant decided to book it as well..
The steak was the best I have ever had.. Little jar of popcorn to nibble at whilst we waited..Homemade bread.. fabulous..
None of us ladies drink wine and the staff kindly went to the local off sales and brought us the drink of our choice which we really appreciated..
The breakfast once again the following morning was flawless..The whole experience was amazing..
We where almost an hr late for dinner and the restaurant was fully booked and we where taken right away.. thank u..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank nailparlour
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Four Seasons Hotel
Ballymascanlon House Hotel
MourneView Bed & Breakfast
MourneView Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 13 in Carlingford

Been to Belvedere House? Share your experiences!