“Excellent customer service!”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: PJ O Hare's is a multi-award winning Gastro Pub, awarded Best Gastro Pub in Louth six times (including 2017) at The Irish Restaurant Awards. Focusing on local, fresh dishes, our menu is varied and has something to suit all tastes at budgets! PJ's is also Carlingford's most popular spot for nightlife with live music every night of the week from the top bands in the area. With something for everybody from young to old and single travellers, couples and large parties, PJ's really is the place to be!
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely, cosy pub with great atmosphere and excellent customer service. I had the chicken and bacon pasta, which was yummy, and my husband had a steak. He asked for it medium, but it arrived well done. Rather than delay the meal by sending it back, he just ate it anyway. When the waitress asked if everything was okay and he just mentioned that the steak was overdone, she immediately volunteered to change it. When he declined, she said, "Well, I'll take your pint off the bill, then." So lovely of her! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

But not impressed. Loud Music & Olde world décor a bit overdone I think. Good bar though and popular. I wasn't at a hen party but I think that the two girls scantily clad, and lying on the street outside, oblivious to their surroundings, probably were.

1  Thank KathT272
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Have to love this pub. The food is just gorgeous and the staff are really good as well. Couldn't fault them on anything. Great beer garden as well and will be back in here very very soon

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a difficult one, whether to give an average or very good. Having been there earlier this year for drinks which was great, I wanted to eat there also. You cannot beat the ambiance, traditionalism and quality of the beer there, But overall i left saying that was fine, but i so wanted to leave feeling it was great and i am so glad that i visited. The portions of food and value is great, but my daughter found the main course of chicken Goujons with a soggy batter and the chips were just warm. My son enjoyed the chicken and bacon pasta dish. I had the calamari and i found that to be bland and i feel that to the lack of seasoning on the dark (oatmeal?) breadcrumbs. My grilled oysters were nice, but to much breadcrumbs on the topping. My aunts Cajun Chicken sandwich was asked with no salad, but came with salad, but she enjoyed the taste of the chicken. Never drink Guinness in London, but there it was like MilkShake, very nice indeed. Staff were very polite and friendly So as you can see some positive points and some negative points, I just never got that WOW feeling that i longed for. I will visit another time to try again.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We had fish and chips here on a lovely July evening. The service was fast and the food was good at a reasonable price. Staff were good. Nice walled yard to eat or drink in if the weather is good.