“Refreshing black stuff!!”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: PJ O Hare's is a multi-award winning Gastro Pub, awarded Best Gastro Pub in Louth six times (including 2017) at The Irish Restaurant Awards. Focusing on local, fresh dishes, our menu is varied and has something to suit all tastes at budgets! PJ's is also Carlingford's most popular spot for nightlife with live music every night of the week from the top bands in the area. With something for everybody from young to old and single travellers, couples and large parties, PJ's really is the place to be!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We only called in here for a Guinness on recommendation and so glad we did, its a lovely Irish traditional pub with a relaxing atmosphere, a good midday start to our day in Carlingford! We had made arrangements for lunch but the oysters and mussels coming out looked and smelled delicious!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I love PJ's. The bar, the atmosphere, the craic and normally the food. Took visitors there yesterday, foot was poor. It was obvious that the kitchen were struggling with the volume of customers due to the bank holiday weekend. There normal 'fare' was not good, felt like some of the main courses had been 'bulked up' with veg. I had seafood linguine and all it had in it was chunks of salmon and chunks of celery and peppers - not good it should really be called salmon linguine. The staff were however amazing and our sever was great!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is AMAZING! I would fly to Ireland just for a meal here and then fly home.
My best friend, her partner, my partner and I, went to Carlingford as a quiet couples getaway and we cant wait to go back.
Although PJ's was very busy and you often have to wait for a table it is well worth the wait. i have never ordered so much food and ALL of it come out to a perfect standard.
We dined here many of times and every time, were shocked by the quality of food.
The service from the staff was incredible too. they were lovely and friendly and you often found yourself chatting with them for quite a while.
Typical irish pub with excellent food. will 100% be returning ASAP!

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Had Guinness and oysters which were fantastic!! Can't recommend this place enough.. Fire lit and excellent staff . Highly recommend to go out of your way for and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Having eaten locally we went in there for drinks, 2 days ago. I had done my research from London and this was a place that i wanted to visit and i was glad that i did. The beer and Guinness were excellent, but the atmosphere was great. The place is clearly enjoyed by locals and tourists. The food looked great and very fresh. From outside the place looks very small but this is deceptive, it opens out at the back and there are nooks and crannies where you can take a seat. The smoking area is great and spacious. My only issue was standing at the bar waiting to be served and the bar staff were busy chatting to customers and i was waiting (the only one waiting) for 10 minutes. I will definitely go back, and this time for some food