“Nice place to stay”

Barnavave Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlingford
Barnavave Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 13 Carlingford B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in Barnavave during National Cycling championships. Lovely host, comfortable bedrooms. There were a few negatives such as no hairdryer. I also like an additional pillow but there did not appear to be spares. Fabulous full Irish breakfast and a nice family atmosphere. It is also very accessible to Yacht club where you can have the most beautiful evening meal overlooking Carlingford Lough. I would definitely recommend it and certainly if I am in the area again I would want to stay there.

Room Tip: There are no special rooms in terms of view, but the dining rooms, sitting rooms etc have fabulous v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dannydal

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went on the internet looking for a bed and breakfast in or around Carlingford county Louth as it was my birthday and we wanted a good night out and no travelling home, I happened upon Barnavave b & b in Carlingford I guess my luck was in cos it was one of the best and friendliest places I have ever stayed in thanks to Miriam and her lovely daughter and family , it was spotlessly clean ,the food was great and cooked fresh and hospitality was second to none, needless to say this was my first visit to Barnavave but wont be the last, I look forward to going again , also if you are visiting Carlingford a visit to the sailing club is recommended the food is excellent and hospitality very welcoming ,fresh fish dishes every day and a great selection of other great food and all at very reasonable prices .

1  Thank martin s
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This home is by the waters edge and has large comfortable rooms which are all spotless.The breakfast will set you up for the day but its the welcome from the family that sets it apart.Never have i stayed in a place where a song was sang to us when we were leaving in memory of a love one who has passed away.
You should be proud of your home and prouder of your family Marion.

3  Thank mixerclive
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was dubious about staying in a BNB as i am not a big fan, but this was just a wonderful experience, Miriam and her daughter went out of there way to make us feel at home we even had
there Divine niece/daughter play some music she had written, a true star on the way there...
Barnavave is definitely a place to stay, fantastic views outside the door all cafes bars restaurants 5 minute walk, so having stayed in many a 4- 5 star hotel i just felt they could not match this family
its a home in the real sense and to me that's what BNB be, but not all are not even the so called 5 star ones, but this gets my 5 stars and the family too, thank you Miriam you're amazing daughter and her kids. And all only one hours drive from Dublin door to door...ill be back..Clive Dublin

1  Thank clive2011_11
Reviewed May 28, 2013

While on my visit to Ireland, I very much wanted to stay at a B&B with a view, I got that at Barnavave B&B! This B&B is located just a few minutes walk from the town and is a perfect location! My grandfather and I really enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend anyone traveling to Carlingford to consider staying here as well!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's now Sunday and I, along with some friends, stayed in this B & B last night. At first it was great to be allocated our own room, but when we returned after our meal, we wished we had been sharing. There were a number of things that were noted in the different rooms - heating was off, showers were on the blink (if working at all), items from previous guests were still in the room(s), breakfast (well, let's just say it could be improved greatly). It's rated as a 3 star, views outside are lovely, but definately needs improving on the inside as it's dated. Sorry to be so frank, but these are honest views.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank YvonneLarry
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The view was beautiful.

Rooms old fashioned and damp. Bed and pillows uncomfortable and lumpy. Very disappointed. Needs updated badly as it has great potential.

The location is great and within walking distance to the town and the four seasons.

• Stayed: March 2013