“BRILLIANT, A GROUP OF 26 JUST CANT BE WRONG!!”

Longford Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Longford
Reviewed October 5, 2010

When I read the previous reviews on this hotel I was horrified. "What have I done?" I asked myself, I had visions of Faulty Towers, and the group that I had booked for stringing me from the rafters. I had no need to worry at all, the hotel was fabulous, the food was great and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were warm and welcoming, clean and tidy, with maid service every day.
It was a very busy weekend, due to a basketball tournament, and the hotel was packed with guests. The staff were very professional and coped with everything that was thrown at them. They accomodated all our requests without complaint and made us feel very welcome.
The night club was very good and very handy, not far to go to your bed when you stumble out of at 2.30 am. and the drinks prices were very good at 2 euro per drink.
The location of the hotel could not have been more central to the town, a very large carpark to the rear with shops, clubs and pubs on the doorstep. There was no shortage of places to go, Longford is certainly a place I would visit again.
Our whole group of 26 felt at home, from the minute we invaded them to the minute we left, Ireland and its people are wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here for the Banjo Festival .It was very busy and the staff worked really hard.The Buffet dinner was very good and plenty to eat for breakfast as well .Our bedrooms were very comfortable and clean..We could not fault this hotel.We enjoyed our stay and the Banjo festival ,hope to return next year ..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

pulled up into free car park....went to bistro for soup and sambo....beautiful and excellent service.....went into bar lovely ....decided to stay.....all nice and clean....would return any time

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I arrived at the hotel about 5pm after a hard day's work and a two hour drive. A rather indifferent receptionist gave me my key and told me where I could get dinner.
The room was horrible; it felt chilly and damp. I went to have a shower and ran the "hot" water for five minutes with no result. I went back downstairs and mentioned it to the receptionist who said she would look into it. i went for a walk.
My colleague had arrived by then and we had dinner (still no hot water). The girl who served us was unintelligibleand rude, insisting that my colleague read the menu rather than bother her. The food was passable only because we were starving, but tasted like re-heated fare.
After a walk and a pint, we both retired for the night with the (different) receptionist explaining to me that I would have to run the water for at least ten minutes. I tried it-it took twenty-five minutes to get the water hot enough to shower under a head that sprayed the water in almost every imaginable direction.
Breakfast in the morning was OK but the presence of rather rude staff made it a less than pleasant experience.
Are you thinking of staying in Longford? Are you considering the Longford Arms? Think again. One of the Latin inscriptions over the bar reads "Quod petis hic est" which I think translates as "Here is all you need". Well, quod petis, hic NON est.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank wilkav
Reviewed September 18, 2010

On arrival having booked 19 rooms for a wedding party all arriving at different intervals, guests were arriving to find theywernt booked at all.A family of 2 adults and 3 children had to sleep in a room with 1 double 1 single bed. another guest got a room with dirty underware and stained sheets. Another guest was shouted at by the manager to keep the children quite (They were ot over noisey). The manager havin such a bad attitude tells me were the rest of the staff get it form particulary the receptionist. The guests at the front rooms of the hotel got no sleep from either the traffic, disco or clubers till 4 in the morning.DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL unless there has been drastic changes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank Caroline186482
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We had friends who booked into this hotel as we live in the town went in to check out all. The receptionist on duty was the most ignorant person I have ever met ( not a smile or a plesent word should be voted worst receptioist of the month) when my friends arrived another receptionist had come on duty no better tham the first lady, now the bedrooms are so poorly decorated, shampoos and soap you nearly need a step to get them down. This athmosphere in this hotel has to be comming from the top I do know that the Reynolds daughter has taken over the running of the hotel in the past year or so*(Orla take a hard look at the reviews things have got a lot worse) Perhaps some investment in training staff and management would be of benefit to all. There are two very important words which does not seem to be at the Longfrord Arms (Customer Service) Our friends were to stay for three nights booked out after the first night thats says it all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank annpj
Reviewed September 6, 2010

worst hotel in the world to stay at children not even alout to make noise without staff and manager giving off.Would not recoment it to anyone as the rooms are not up to date.When checked in went to room there was dirty clothes and underwear on the floor everywhere it must have been someone elses room wee were told that they would get it cleaned for us after 30 mins they give us the key again room not even touched every thing still laying after an hour and half they finely gave us another room.The manager has an attuide problem dont know how he ever got a job as a manager .

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank robertking49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longford
Viewmount House
Wineport Lodge
Wineport Lodge
#2 of 9 in Athlone
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Been to Longford Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!