Longford Arms Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Viewmount House(Longford)
Hannon's Hotel(Roscommon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Abbey Hotel(Roscommon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfood was lovelyhotel barthe staff were friendly and helpfulbit datedideal locationbreakfast was excellentcarverylaurarearmayopremises
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Myself, my husband, my son and his partner stayed here on Saturday night November 3rd. We were not expecting the hotel to be top class but we had certain expectations. Unfortunately we were disappointed on most levels.The staff i.e receptionist, barman and night porter were most unfriendly and couldn't care less if you stayed there or not. In fact when I payed the bill the receptionist didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay or whether we would stay ther again. I think she knew the answer! Up to 3.30 am we endured constant noise from the nightclub . As well as that the fire alarm went off twice. We didn't know whether to run to the lobby in our pyjamas or stay put. Nobody rang us to say if it was a false alarm or not. We just stayed in bed and hoped for the best! Luckily it was and we live to tell the tale. The rooms were big, bare and outdated. The bathrooms were in need of serious upgrading. Our hot tap didn't work properly. On the plus side the foreign girl at the breakfast counter was pleasant . Apparently this is the only hotel in Longford town. They seem to think that they have a captive audience. I think they need a wakeup call.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank corneliaGalway
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night, mainy because I got the room for a fantastic rate of €35. I arrived and parked the car, no signs for where the reception was unless you walked back out of the car park on to the main street where there's no footpath on the car park side, luckily for me I had been once before for a meal and knew where to go from the carpark. I arrived at the reception desk to find the girl behind it texting, If I was the Front of house manager I'd want staff constantly looking up and smiling at guests as they arrive. She put her phone down to ask for my reservation, I signed the forms, asked if there was internet in the rooms and was told yes and I didn't need a password. I walked up the hold creeky flight of stairs (Didn't see any lifts) got to my room, put the key (yes real life key) into the lock and found a double bed to my surprise ( I had ordered a single room).. My first thing to do was get a towel to clean the crumbs on the dressing table (not before I snapped a pic for here)...
The floor boards in the room, which by the way was 61 on 1st floor... creaked a lot when you walked on them and you could hear the people in the next room coming and going.
The shower pressure wasn't very powerful at all. The bed was comfortable. I ordered pizza from the local takeaway as the bar had finished serving food and when the reception called me the man on the other end of the phone sounded more like I had commited the ultimate offence by ordering outside catering for myself. He said on the phone... Hello, did you order pizza, I said yes, he said it's here.... that was it? No "hello sir, your takeaway has arrived and it's here at reception, come and collect it at your convieniance"

On check out the next day I arrived at reception to be greeted by a very unfriendly lady, head down most of the time, no smile nothing... I was expecting the untimely check out question "How was your stay".... I'd still be waiting, she obviously didn't care how my stay was. The internet in the room wouldn't even connect when it found the very poor signal and it certainly wasn't my laptop as it works in every other hotel I've stayed at recently.

I'm just glad I got the hotel for such a cheap rate. I'll not be making the mistake of staying in such an unfriendly place again.

Note for management: Train your front of house staff to be kind and a little smiling doesn't go astray or at least eye contact... Ask your guests how there stay was.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Tony S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

never again,, we stayed one night in it,, the whole place needs a good cleanl ,, they have no lift,, so you have to haul our cases up the stairs,,, we had some food in the bar,the bar man was very nice, we got steak which we couldnt eat,, hard as leather ,,,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bobbyshep
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just called to your hotel as stop over for breakfast. Arrived at 10.37am to be told breakfast was finished at 10.30am!!!!!!!????? Wonderful business. Its no wonder we are in a recession if a hotel cannot be a little flexible. We did have coffe & scone, and noticed that where we were sitting the skirting boards and sockets had ot seen a rub of a cloth for quite some time. WON'T BE BACK.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Joem59
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not a bad hotel in Ireland's Midlands, with a very good price to match. Two strong selling points: It's in the heart of town, and they have a swimming pool & leisure centre as well, at no extra cost. However, don't expect friendly customer service -it could be SO much better. After all, it doesn't cost anything to smile; and say, "how did you enjoy your stay"? Breakfast is included and is EXCELLENT, but again... friendliness was lacking on our visit. The breakfast dining room is quite aesthetically pleasing, but lacks ambience -a bit of soft background music wouldn't go astray. I would recommend this hotel, if you're looking for somewhere nice and inexpensive to stay in the Midlands; but don't expect a warm, friendly welcome.

Room Tip: In some rooms the allow smoking -check in advance if you are a non-smoker. We had a room at the back, so it was nice and quiet!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple