“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

red rose cafe
Ranked #17 of 42 Restaurants in Longford
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped for Sunday lunch on the way from Donegal to Dublin.

Roast beef and proper vegetables, served piping hot (definitely not microwaved) by friendly waitress. Pudding was apple crumble which was definitely home made.

All tasted lovely.

Nice to find a good value traditional café instead of the dreaded lukewarm carvery!

Would definitely recommend. The place was busy and full of locals - always a good sign.

I am puzzled by the bad reviews.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Cheap & Chearful nice breakfast,, wasnt impressed the day I saw the owner stick her finger in the lemon merangue pie then lick her finger,,,,,,,,,,,

1  Thank MaryP48
Reviewed November 3, 2012

this is probably the worst place to eat in Ireland stopped with my kids on the way from Donegal with 4 children it was dreadful. I asked were the burgers homemade and the waitress said "god no" should have left then but stayed, mistake terrible food, grubby resturant, everything served out of the microwave would rather go hungry than ever visit again didnt feel well afterwards just stoge on a plate ugh.....

1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Waitress did not know anything about the food being cooked. Requested the onions for my daughters burger left off the plate. The waitress neglected to tell me that the burger was laced with onions. The spuds were welded to the plate from being heated so much. Dont darken the door step.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My friends & I stopped here for a snack while travelling from Donegal to Dublin and it was exactly what we were looking for. Nice selection of hot breakfast food (available all day), sandwiches, paninis, bagels and other snacks. I had the breaded chicken nuggets with chips and side salad and really enjoyed it. My friends had a bagel, panini and baked potato and everyone was happy with their meal. Decent quality of food for the price too, would definitely go back.