“Old school, quality hotel”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very well appointed and gracious hotel. Fitness suite and pool good. Rooms and common areas very elegant and well appointed. Dinner was served only in the bar, and was somewhat overpriced and underwhelming. Breakfast was excellent. good food and plenty of choice at the restaurant buffet. A good quality hotel, best in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonnieraven
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Jonnieraven

A very Happy New Year to you! Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to voice your comments to us. We pride ourselves on our traditional 'old school' values and we believe this counts for making the Keadeen Hotel the 'quality hotel' you we strive to be. In terms of dining, our Derby Restaurant is open at weekends and offers a more formal dining experience however during the weekday our Club Bar Bistro does a roaring trade for both lunch and dinner with our fusion menu. I am dissapointed to hear you were not overally enthusiastic about our menu offerings as to date the feedback has always been super, however just to let you know our Head Chef has introduced a new bistro menu for 2014 which was launched yesterday. I sincerely hope you will take the time to come back to visit and try it out.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Was a lovely night, food lovely, service very good and very relaxing cosy hotel, restaurants looked very busy....Hotel a great Christmas feel ,romantic warm open fires, music and great atmosphere...location very good too

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Catherine C
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi Catherine C

Thank you kindly for your wonderful feedback! We LOVE Christmas here at the Keadeen Hotel and we do our very best to make a magical time for all of our guests! I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience it with us and we look forward to many more visits from you in 2014.
Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great service, friendly staff. Only dislike was you needed a different wifi password for every device. I didn't really mind as I don't use many devices while traveling, but if that's important to you...loved the fitness center and spa. It was great to relax by the pool indoors on a chilly day. Superb food in the restaurant outside the bar and hearty breakfast! Overall, very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi VeronicaLeigh83

Thank you for your kind feedback, it is very much appreciated! You described our Hotel as a 'Quiet Country Retreat' and thats certainly what we strive to create for our guests!
In terms of the wifi at the moment it is an individual password for each device however we have recently upgraded our entire wifi system and as part of this upgrade we will be changing the password system in short.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was good, especially as I understand it to be an independent. The only real negative I have was that the room was looking a little tired,but, it was clean and comfortable.
The free WiFi was good and they reception staff were helpful and friendly.
I ate dinner in the bar and also had breakfast, both were very good (although dinner was on the pricy side even for a hotel).
I would definitely use it again if I am in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel from 17th-19th December. Despite the time of day, the Hotel looked pretty impressive from the outside with an abundance of parking available.
The check-in was pretty easy and I was allocated a room a couple of minutes away from the reception area.
The room was lovely and had all the usual amenities that a Hotel of this rating should have. There was also Sky Sports on the TV that made it beneficial for myself personally.
The food in the main bar was excellent and I just asked the staff what they recommended without looking at the menu. The choices they picked on both evenings was superb and I thoroughly recommend eating here.
I used the gym and this was also great for my particular needs with the usual facilities. There is a pool and spa facility here but I chose not to use these.
The breakfast was also excellent with many choices to cater for everyone's needs.

If I had one very minor negative feedback comment, it would be for the Hotel to look at the towels that are supplied in the bathroom. In my opinion the bath towels are too small and could do with more substance as they are also pretty thin. This is a minor criticism that did not detract from my stay at this Hotel.

I thoroughly recommend staying at this Hotel if you are in the Newbridge area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Have stayed many times at the Keadeen, just returning from a week there. Its a great family run hotel, the staff are friendly and always willing to help. Food in the bar is good with an excellent full irish breakfast. Have tried several other hotels in the area but prefer this one. Its not plush but more than comfortable. I go on business and my wife enjoys the nearby Kildare Outlet village where guests at the Keadeen get additional discount........

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Attended the hotel recently for business purposes, our company had an event in the hotel.
Found the reception staff very cold, nowhere open in the morning for a coffee, had to order from reception. The corridors had an unpleasant odour and a general feeling was that the staff are unhappy and tentative. The hotel was freezing in places and with the carpets worn and floors creaky. Old fashioned and not what is expect from a 4star, although it is a 4star for a reason. However much better 4star hotels nearly.

Would not return for leisure purposes.

Stayed: November 2556, traveled on business
2  Thank Paddy C
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Paddy C

Thank you for taking the time to time to give us your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I am however somewhat disappointed on some of the comments made.

Regarding reception, we pride ourselves on providing a warm welcome to all visitors to the hotel and while our Front Office Manager is investigating, it would help us greatly if you could confirm what date you were onsite. All feedback is taken seriously and looked into thoroughly.

In relation to morning coffee, our restaurant is open and serves from midweek 7am and weekends 7.30am. However, should you prefer the comfort of our drawing room, all coffee orders etc can be placed through our reception desk. In Ireland, it is not permitted to open a bar area before 10am hence all refreshment orders prior to this time are directed through main reception. As you may have noticed during your time with us our drawing room is a hive of activity and a huge favourite with our corporate customers for those informal early morning meetings. To date we feel this method works very smoothly and this is the first complaint of this nature we have received.

Regarding the hotel being ‘freezing’ in parts, I can assure you our heating system is on from early morning and throughout the day to ensure all areas are toasty warm. We also have the added warmth of the drawing room fire. However, as is human nature people sometimes fail to close an external door as they are entering or exiting the hotel and it is possible some of that November cold could have made its way inside! Thankfully this is very easily rectifiable and should you have been feeling the cold one of our staff members would have been happy to assist.

As a traveller you are no doubt aware hotels come in all shapes and sizes, designs and style. Some hotels are contemporary while others, like ourselves, are more classical in style. We do however very much appreciate it comes down to each and everybody's own personal taste.

I would very much like to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Ireland and we can discuss your feedback in greater detail. Alternatively you can contact me directly on 045 444128.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sharon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!