“A day i will cherish for many many yrs to come”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We had a wedding ceremony in this amazing hotel.. From the moment my car pulled up to the hotel the staff were so attentive . As a nerves bride they even slipped me out a side door were nobody could see me having a snecky ciggy lol many thanks guys(joe) x. The ceremony room was amazing . The dinner room brought me to a stand still . The bridal suite made me feel like a queen i could go on and on . My guest are still talking about the food and the service . Amazing fantastic and truely a fairy tale .thank you

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank davens5
There are newer reviews for The Keadeen Hotel

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Keadeen Hotel for three nights in Sep/Oct at thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. The hotel combined old world charm with Irish warmth that made one feel extremely welcome. The rooms were very comfortable and the beds provided me with the best sleep quality of my ten days in Ireland. What really makes this hotel special is the staff. From check-in to departure the staff were friendly and attentive. No request was considered to be too much and service was always provided with a smile. Breakfasts were veritable feasts with a variety of fruits, freshly baked breads, eggs and all the rest. My Irish friend had originally tried to get me a room at another property close to Naas but there were none available and I'm very glad for that. I'm due back in Ireland later this year and there's no question which hotel I'll be staying in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rodeoboy
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lovely hotel with a relaxed atmosphere and a well kitted out gym. Room was lovely, however being on the ground floor a net curtain on the window would have provided a little more privacy. Had a meal in the bar which I could not fault in either price or taste. Also there was an abundance of fresh fruit at breakfast which was a treat. The staff were also very friendly. While WiFi was available the signal was poor.

Room Tip: Possibly higher floors might afford more privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Myself and my husband booked a room for the night of a wedding we were attending, at a price that I thought was a bit expensive, but I thought, you only get what you pay for , so it must be first class.
We had booked a superior room, to say the furnishings were in need of replacement is an understatement! the bed was fine, and some furniture was o.k, but the easy chair and foot rest was in need of replacement, it was stained and old!
When we went to leave the room, the security lock wouldn't work, so we reported it to the receptionist, who said she would have it taken care of A.S.A.P. In that evening, my husband went back to the room four times, each time our door was unlocked!! each time we reported it, and each time got the same reply, until we threatened not to pay! then a repair man was called, and fixed it to our satisfaction.
Breakfast was no better. the continental part was fine, but when it came to the cooked breakfast, it was all pre cooked and put into a hot dish to keep warm, resulting in rubber eggs plastic bacon, pudding like plastic.
Never again. at a cost of €145, for one night, I feel we were robbed.

Room Tip: Dont go there!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NannyMarie
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel felt like it was hidden away like a little retreat and yet it's so central to the town. The staff are so friendly and helpful and we stayed in delux room and it was nice and big and bed are so comfortable . We didn't eat in hotel as a function was on but cause it was so local to town it worked out fine
A lovely hotel for some R&R

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank JLVIreland
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Keadeen for a wedding recently. It is truly a very beautiful hotel.The rooms are really spacious and spotless,and all the staff, from the receptionist to the bar staff and the restaurant staff are all very friendly and I couldn't find fault with any of them! It is a sort of olde world hotel,but that only adds to the tranquil peaceful atmosphere that you will find there! We had a meal in the bar,and the food was second to none,in fact the portions were so huge we couldn't finish it,and we felt it was very reasonably priced.The breakfasts are also gorgeous,and there is something for everyone there,and the hot food for breakfast was actually HOT,so 10/10 for that !! The gardens are absolutely beautiful,and huge credit must go to the gardeners.They are wonderful gardens for having wedding photos taken! The wedding reception could not have been nicer,and I'm sure the bride and groom were thrilled with their choice for their wedding.The meal from start to finish was delicious,and all came out piping hot and the waiting staff were wonderful too!....You may be wondering after all that why I haven't given it 5 stars,and this is my only gripe with this hotel.We found the prices in the bar for drink very over the top,everyone knows about "Hotel" drink prices,but at the wedding reception,they were charging more for the drink at the reception bar than they were out at the normal bar! We found this to be very unfair and felt it really was taking advantage of the wedding guests,and there were lots of people that noticed it! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel,just be aware of their bar prices!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Overall a great day at a recent wedding. Good food,service and rooms. But 135 euros for b&b was asking a bit much, especially as we were supposed to be getting a wedding party discount. I could get the same room for 109 any other time. Seems we were been punished for been part of the wedding party . As I say it was a pity as it was a great day and night until we were overcharged in an underhand way. No more overnights at weddings in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!