“Homely Little Gem”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have always had a soft spot for the charming little restaurant An Chistin. The early days of popping in for a sandwich during lunch in the school days or meeting friends for a pre movie
snack/tea before heading to Oscar Cinema. To this day I still like going into An Chistin, be it for a "Full Irish Breakfast" or my favourite "Italian Lasagne". I see the interior has changed with new paint work and curtains. Its give character to the place and makes it even more inviting and vibrant. The lovely couple whom I assume run the establishment are very nice and provide that homely quaint service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a tasty dinner/lunch with a comfy setting.

An C, Public Relations Manager at AN Chistin, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thanks very much for your review Paul. Siobhan and Donal we're delighted to hear you appreciated there attentiveness to quality service, which they've prided themselves on for over 20 years. We really appreciate feedback so we can improve our business and your experience with us. We've since opened in the evening as Bistro Nua so come along some time and try our new offering. Looking forward to you cross our doorstep very soon

Many Thanks,
The Bistro Nua/An Chistin Team

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Go here a lot and its usually I lovely place with nice food. Pitty I came here Saturday October 26 when the slighty older woman wasnt here. who im guessing is the owner as she is lovely and very polite and jolly.
There was only 2 women here today, one with long dark hair and another older woman with shoulder length blonde hair. My fiance and I were waiting an uncomfortably long time for menus and when the dark haired lady took our order I wasnt even sure she could speak because she was so ignorant she didn't say one word to us. She also left the menus on the table. We werent waiting too long for the food. I had the full breakfast, which apart from the undercooked pudding was nice. My fiance had bangers and mash. He said the sausages were nice but the potatoes were freezing. He was also left waiting for his soft drink and latte. The latte was very messy and spilling down the sides too. Which I took a photo of.
We won't be coming here again and I will also be advising my college mates, who go here every saturday, to go else where.
Its a real pitty these two were left in charge.

1  Thank jessicachristinecramer
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I lunch here quite a bit with my workmates and a good friend. The food is alway good with plenty of options on the menu, and good sized portions. You wont go home hungry. Enjoy.