“Very Good Facility”

Riverbank Arts Centre
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Newbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just off the M7 motorway, 40 minutes from Dublin City, Riverbank Arts Centre is lively, atmospheric and convenient, a high quality venue which caters for a range of interests and age groups. From theatre, music and comedy to children's events and cinema, Riverbank Arts Centre provides an intimate setting for a broad variety of shows. CaToCà café at the Riverbank Arts Centre offers lunch and afternoon tea daily, from 9.00am (except Sundays). If you want a full meal or a quick snack, or one of our delicious home made desserts and a gourmet coffee, this is the place to go. Come for the arts and theatre and stay for the food! The Riverbank Arts Centre has full facilities for the disabled, including increased seating capacity for wheelchair users. Designated parking spaces are located to the rear of the building, and beside the wheelchair ramp, at the side of the building.Limited on street parking is available in the vicinity of the theatre. Patrons are asked to comply with the parking restrictions in the area. The centre will be used to foster a wider appreciation of Kildare's historical, archaeological and cultural heritage and to encourage a sense or responsibility for the care of Kildare's heritage and environment. A professional research service is provided to members of the public both at home and abroad - often the first connection that many people make with Ireland.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I work in Newbridge and have lunch here on a regular basis. The coffee and cakes are lovely. The place itself is light and airy and has a whole glass front facade. Parking is along the front of the building or in the pay car park (GAA car park along side). Ive also been here for a couple of shows. Comming up to christmas they play the old christmas classics on the big screen - bliss. Enjoy.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have been here on about two occasions to see plays, I recall seeing Stones in his Pockets. Because it is a small theatre space it creates a wonderfully intimate atmosphere between the audience and the actors. They also regularly show films and sometimes old black and white ones and they also show children's films, so this is a nice place to visit. I cannot really review it more fully as I have not been there as much as I would like to, but for those who enjoy attending the theatre or watching movies they may not see in the mainstream cinema, this is well worth a visit. They also have a little café if you merely want to pop in for a coffee and read the paper. A nice addition to the town of Newbridge.

1  Thank AisDel
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Asked girl in reception about parking restrictions outside theater, as it only allows one hour max parking. The show we were going to see was two and a half hours long. Girl just looked at me as if I spoke a foreign language! So useless. Only capable of handing out tickets. They'd want to work out parking problem. I had to go out a put more money in parking meter an hour into show. Huge inconvenience.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

but there is so much more there than a decent cup of coffee and cup cakes. we always try to see the puppet shows - my only regret is we get to see as much as we would like

1  Thank neil b
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Riverbank Arts Centre is a fantastic place fir all ages. I have been there numerous times with my little boy and they really do work very hard to please all ages. If there has been an issue we have given them feedback and they are delighted to hear it. My only thing I have a problem with is there coffee shop, the prices they charge are extreme if they were to be more realistic it would be a lovely place just to meet for a coffee and encourage people to use all facilities but sorry €5:80 for a coffee and scone is scandalous as this is not central Dublin it's Newbridge. So we go prepared now and bring our goodies with us and love it.

1  Thank Huneybeeeee