$146
$136
Barberstown Castle(Straffan)(Great Value!)
$188
$183
The Court Yard Hotel(Leixlip)(Great Value!)
$114
Leixlip Manor Hotel and Gardens(Leixlip)(Great Value!)
$204
The K Club(Straffan)
$292
Orbitz.com
2,802 results
All reviewslinden tree restaurantold housecoach housegolf clubkitchen barbeautiful hotelbeautiful groundsthe main housespa treatmentsrelaxing breaktop classmain restaurantleisure centrespecial occasionone night stayafternoon teaenjoyable stay
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I won a voucher through a quiz about 2 years ago and I was so excited about going to Carton House. We stayed in the Lord Edward Suite for two nights, which was unreal. Beautiful rooms, all mod cons and such a relaxing place to spend a weekend. Food was gorgeous - our booking for the restaurant wasn't registered when we got to the hotel but they were able to slot us in for time suitable to us. Breakfast was lovely, liked they way your tea and toast was brought to you and you could pick up whatever else you wanted. Staff were lovely, especially in The Kitchen Bar were they really looked after us. Place was just beautiful - unfortunately the weather was quite bad so we couldn't have a walk around the grounds but I took loads of pics of the rooms and halls.
Overall a great weekend and would highly recommend :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear Cheekyems,

On behalf of the Carton House Team, I would like to thank you for posting such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed yoru stay and that you were able to experience some luxury by staying in the Lord Edward Suite. It is a shame the weather hindered you from exploring the 1100acre estate; but I am glad that you found plenty to do and see within the Hotel itself.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House. Please contact me directly if I can assist you with your next visit.

Thanking you again.

Kelly Scales

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I recently stayed at Carton House as attended a wedding there. Upon arrival the driveway from the main road into the hotel is beautiful. You drive down a narrow road with the award winning golf course of each side. The grounds are kept in lovely condition, and the main house is a sight to behold. Checking in was a pleasure as the young lady was very polite. The rooms were spacious, altho, my only dissapointment was the beds, they were quite small for single beds, but they where comfortable. The bathroom was clean and bath was huge!!. We had a french doors you could open and walking a short distance from there you could really admire the surroundings of the golf course. At the wedding the staff where very friendly and plenty on hand at any time if you needed anything.
all in all, a lovely place to stay if on a trip to Ireland / wedding or just a night away. Plenty of facilities for both men and women - golf/ spa. For the tourists, not far from Dublin City and I did notice when leaving, jst outside the gates, there was a Dublin bus stop which will take you into the city.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear lthomson82,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay in Carton House and that you were particularly impressed by the wonderful grounds.

The original House certainly is a gorgeous sight. You should treat yourself to some sheer luxury on your next visit and book a bedroom on that side.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Kindest Regards,
Kelly Scales

Reviewed November 17, 2010

My husband & I are expecting our first child & thought - lets treat ourselves to a night away, so we choose a one night B&B plus dinner break at Carton House.
We wanted to chill & relax, which Carton really delivered.
While the house is an imposing building upon appearances, once you cross the threshold, you know the staff have the balance just right, as it is so welcoming & the atmosphere so relaxing.
Our room was the Lady Hermoine Suite - which was superb, the bed was so comfy, the towels & robes so fluffy.. the butlers chocolates.. We were spoilt & loving every minute of it.
The staff in particular stood out for me, they were so friendly & helpful.
We had our dinner early in the Coach House, on a Tuesday evening & so it was rather quiet at that point &, but the staff were so charming & attentive, we felt it was like private dining.
I just wish I could have stayed longer, but my husband did promise to take me back, so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Arrived for a weekend break and right from reception though to the restaurant, I found the staff cordial and welcoming. If you want to mix a relaxing retreat with some golfing leisure and be near enough to Dublin to enjoy it's delights this is the place for you.

The two golf courses are delightful but mind the bunkers on the Montgomerie.... !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This is my first ever tripadvisor review and I was compelled to write it because of the most fantastic hotel experience ever. My brother got married in Carton House and from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed the service in this hotel was top class. The hotel is set in the most magnificent grounds and the mix of old and new is what makes it special. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite which was the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Carton House goes the extra mile with every little thing, we received a turn down service and were left some fab butlers chocolates. As nice as the hotel is it was the staff that really impressed me and ensured that I will definately visit again. Without exception they were all well trained, friendly, helpful and discreet. The entire wedding party had nothing but good things to say about the hotel and the staff and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carton House for making a special day one we will never forget. I will be back in the very near future.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family