“Loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Limerick. Ireland
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked the Sunday Driver package - 1 night B&B with a round of golf and a 2 course meal in the golf club. We upgraded the room and were not disappointed. The Autumn suite was huge and luxurious.

The house and estate are an escape from it all. We could not fault the service, food or drinks.
We did play the Montgomerie course which was challenging but enjoyable.
Would loved to have stayed longer!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Limerick1ady,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel on a number of occassions and it does not get better with experience. My last stay was on business in June 2013 and it was overall a poor experience. Check in was slow and room was ok. Restaurant was very poor and was refused dessert in the Kitchen area because it was now closed (halfway through my meal!). Staff not very helpful unless pushed (better at reception however). Breakfast standard fare and sitting there for too long. Bedroom was good though cleanliness standard a little below par.
This hotel does not appear to know what it is about which is a pity as the building and grounds are lovely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear jaysheen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.
Our Reception has 4 individual desks which are manned at busy times. However, at check in and check out there can be a situation when a lot of guests arrive together. Our Front Office team do try to ensure that check out is as smooth and efficient as possible. I have passed on your feedback to our Front Office Manager who has taken it on board and addressed it with her team..

I am surprised to hear that you were refused dessert in the restaurant. We have a system in place whereby our team of chefs do not close the kitchen until all our guests have fully finished dining. I notice your stay was in June and I have checked through our daily reports to identify any issues of this nature that were highlighted and have found none therefore I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further as I would like to investigate and follow up with our team.

I am sorry that you found our staff to be unhelpful and that we did not deliver our usually excellent standards of service and customer care during your stay. Our team are our greatest asset and we usually receive the most positive feedback possible on how friendly and efficient they are at what they do. We spend a great deal of time in providing continuous training to our teams throughout the resort to ensure that we achieve consistency in delivering the best possible standards to our guests. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy these standards on this occasion and I really appreciate your feedback as it will go some way in identifying any areas of weakness that we can work on.

As I mentioned already I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you highlighted further with you so that I may investigate and address with the team here. I can be contacted via email at emoore@cartonhouse.com or directly to the hotel on 01-5052000.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Society of 40 went and every aspect of trip incl golf, food and rooms. Played both courses, very different but both brilliant fun. O'Meara 1st and 18th are new and you can tell. Only because of how good the other holes are. Still very playable and I am sure they will be up to speed in no time. I was in standard room and it is of very high standard in every respect. Particularly the bathrooms which are big and most importantly very clean. The club house food was lovely and the staff even put the BBQ on for us. Have gone with society for last 3 years and will be back next.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Neilgolfer,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed playing both our championship golf courses. I will pass on your nice comments to the team.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Cambridge, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We spent our last night in Ireland here after an all too brief trip to this lovely country. Our room was huge, we were in The Spring Suite in the old part of the building. The bathroom was huge and luxurious, the bed was lovely with exquisite linen and one of the most comfortable experienced in our holiday (including the lovely bed in our suite when we cruised from Athens to Istanbul.) One small criticism was that the lighting in the room was too dim and while soft lighting can improve the ambience this was just too darn dim.
We arrived too late to book dinner at the main restaurant but we thoroughly enjoyed our light meal in the Kitchen Bar. Staff were, without exception, helpful, welcoming and always very polite.
Unfortunately we had an early plane to catch at Dublin Airport to Heathrow to then fly to Shanghai for the last stage of our holiday.
We were sorry that we could not stay another day, the grounds looked lovely and we have liked to explore more - but there you go.
If we ever return to Ireland we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to experience true luxury book a suite in the old building - magnificent
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Tasi,

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the extra space which our suites offer. The ambience of the suites in the old house really does make the stay that bit extra special and we always receive such positive feedback on how unique they are.

I am also happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed your meal in The Kitchen Bar. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

A beautiful hotel set in beautiful grounds and great golf courses.

A beautiful hotel, well worth a good walk around, both indoors and outside. The main house is very special and the grounds are very spacious, you can easily spend a couple of hours just walking around.

The staff cannot do enough to make you stay special.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Martin B,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at Carton House for one night on our Honeymoon and boy were we treated to a fabulous 5 star experience, from check in, the spa, the suite, the bath, dinner and cocktails it was all amazing. What a wonderful location and beautiful settings - thoroughly recommended.
Thank you to all there who made our stay extra special.

1 Thank SharondrConn
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear SharondrConn,

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is excellent from the time we arrived to the attentive staff, even our nights sleep was excellent and no noise or anyone one to wake us in halls at night. The whole hotel its is a must see for anyone visiting Ireland, lovely locations and lovely walk to Maynooth town, great golf if you like golf but not for me! Lovely walks around the Carton House estate and lovely managers and so helpful the staff. I cannot say anymore about the hotel it was A+ from how it was built to the old to the new it was lovely and perfect location for the romantic get away. A++++

1 Thank Nulla186605
Dear Nulla186605,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!