“Very very very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very very very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

A beautiful hotel set in beautiful grounds and great golf courses.

A beautiful hotel, well worth a good walk around, both indoors and outside. The main house is very special and the grounds are very spacious, you can easily spend a couple of hours just walking around.

The staff cannot do enough to make you stay special.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Martin B,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at Carton House for one night on our Honeymoon and boy were we treated to a fabulous 5 star experience, from check in, the spa, the suite, the bath, dinner and cocktails it was all amazing. What a wonderful location and beautiful settings - thoroughly recommended.
Thank you to all there who made our stay extra special.

1 Thank SharondrConn
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear SharondrConn,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is excellent from the time we arrived to the attentive staff, even our nights sleep was excellent and no noise or anyone one to wake us in halls at night. The whole hotel its is a must see for anyone visiting Ireland, lovely locations and lovely walk to Maynooth town, great golf if you like golf but not for me! Lovely walks around the Carton House estate and lovely managers and so helpful the staff. I cannot say anymore about the hotel it was A+ from how it was built to the old to the new it was lovely and perfect location for the romantic get away. A++++

1 Thank Nulla186605
Dear Nulla186605,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Kerry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in room 355 great room massive.

Used the bikes, that was fun.

Food has improved since our last visit.

Good value ask for room and spa deal. We saved over €200 as we had two rooms booked as there were 6 of us.

5th visit and going strong

Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank edmond s
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear edmond s,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just had a seriously good weekend at Carton House staying on a 2 Night B&B with 1 Dinner package. Our room was really lovely, with a comfy bed and nice amenities. The whole modern part of the hotel is beautiful, but it's totally disconneced in any real way from the stunning old house. The old house only seems to be used for weddings/funcitons so we were reduced to sneaking in for a peek whilst the staff were setting up for something. It's such a pity - they really should make more of what was one of the finest stately homes in the country!
Our dinner in the Linden Tree was absolutely beautiful. Normally on 'package' deals you feel very much like a second class citizen in the restaurant, but not here, as you are entitled to choose virtually anything form the full menu which was great. We were genuinely surprised at how good dinner was (as I normally don't expect great things from hotel restaurants) but I have to say everything was stunning - especially my squab pigeon.
Given the great food in the restaurant at dinner, I found it very surprising that breakfast was so disappointing. The quality of the food was poor, cheap sausages and terrible scrambled eggs at the hot buffet, and stale scones and poor quality orange juice at the cold buffet. This really needs to be improved. Other slightly disappointing aspects included the lack of robes/slippers and the cheap toiletries in the bathroom - I was expecting better at a hotel with a spa. Like all the Celtic Tiger hotels you can see that there have been cut-backs in recent years - but all in all I have to say I would recommend Carton House for a weekend treat.

1 Thank declanjhayes
Dear declanjhayes,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience during your recent stay with us in Carton House and I have passed your comments on to the team, our team of Chefs will be particularly happy that you enjoyed your meal experience in the Linden Tree so much.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not find breakfast to be of the same standard and I have passed your feedback on to both our Restaurant Manager and also our Kitchen team to address.

Once again I would like to thank you for your detailed and measured feedback as it is through comments such as yours that enable us to continually improve our offerings and ensure that we cater for our guests every need.

EImear Moore
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights midweek in August.

We had a couple of nights between our wedding and flying out on honeymoon and thought we'd keep the special occassion feeling going and booked a two night break with dinner. We noted in the booking that it was our honeymoon.

Throughout check-in the phones kept ringing, make the process more difficult, we were happy for the phone to be answered while we wait but the person checking in continued.

The room we were allocated whilst satisfactory had no view of the grounds but of a connecting corrider stacked with conference chairs. We then tried to order room service only to be told that the menu in our room was incorrect and that we needed to get the correct menu. Eventually the correct menu was brought up from reception after about 20 minutes. There was only one item different and could have been easily pointed out over the phone.

There was also problems with the hot water pressure and the mini-bar not working. We asked to have the latter looked at but this never happened.

Dinner on the second night in the Linden Tree was nice, but probably due more to the wait staff than the food.

Overall we were very disappointed by the experience.

We have expressed all of the above to the hotel, and whilst we accept that they are to address these issues with the various managers and offered an upgrade should we return, we do not feel that we would go to such expense again in the hope that things would be different.

We could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank deetravel
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear deetravel,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

It is even more disappointing to hear that you stay was unsatisfactory when you were celebrating such a special occasion. At Carton House we always try to enhance our guests special occasions and do what we can to help them celebrate.

I have passed on your feedback to the relevant departments to address with their teams and it will be actioned so that we can improve our service to our guests going forward.

If I can be of any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

i spent one night at the Carton House Hotel on a business trip..The accommodation was very comfortable. I found the customer service to be excelllent. The staff at reception and the spa were very helpful. The spa was well equipped, in beautiful restful surroundings. . I wish I had been able to stay longer.
One of the charms of the hotel is its setting, but you do need to have a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Quadriva,

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!