“Perfectly fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Cork, Ireland
“Perfectly fantastic!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This must be one of my top 3 favourite hotels in Ireland! It is so lovely - a real mix of modern meets old world. For a hotel that is only about 30 minutes from Dublin, it really feels like you are away from it all. The grounds are beautiful - driving up to the hotel is breathtaking - I don't play golf, but the walks in the area are great. The staff are warm, friendly and extremely accommodating. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The atmosphere is luxury, but laid back and serene. The food is really good and there's plenty of choice.

This was my second visit to the hotel - I was there alone on the first occasion and with my family on the second and both times I've been extremely impressed. I'd go so far as to say I've fallen in love with Carton House! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Louise W,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We brought our baby for a last minute over night stay recently and had another excellent experience. The staff are very warm and welcoming and the facilities top class.
Our daughter loved the baby pool and we enjoyed relaxing spa treatments and lovely food. All in all very enjoyable break and although just 30 minutes from home, it feels like another world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear unclepat,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Rathmullan, Ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Wonderful scenery, great for Golfers.
Restaurant & club house great for food.
Very friendly & helpful staff.
Ideal for weddings lots of space & great picturesque.
Treat yourself to some luxury and book a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Orlagh D,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

EImear Moore
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

recent golfing trip, excellent value. good rooms, very friendly staff, good meal and just a generally good experience. golf courses well maintained. play a little slow and surprised not to see marshal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ofmpp,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you found play to be slow on the golf course. I have shared your feedback with our Golf Operations team who will take it on board and use it to address any areas that require improvement.

Bradford-on-Avon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stay in a lot of different hotels for business and my stay here rates as one of the best. Massive rooms (I was in the old part of the house, The Summer Suite I think) and one of the largest ensuite bathrooms ever. Everything I needed was to hand. Small but functional gym. Cracking spa facilities. The food in the restaurant was outstanding too (breakfast and dinner).

Normally some element of a hotel is disappointing, but I struggled to find anything to fault here. Only 30 mins from Dublin airport too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul G,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the extra space which our suites offer. The ambiance of the suites in the old house really does make the stay that bit extra special and we always receive such positive feedback on how unique they are.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We recently visited Carton House on a 2 day (1 night) golfing trip. We played both courses and dined in the restaurant. The setting is spectacular and the courses are both fantastic and very different. The Montgomerie Course is very challenging and the bunkers are tricky. In my opinion there are far too many on the course as even a good tee shot can be punished by a deep bunker. The O'Meara course was everyone's favourite and a much fairer test.

The food in the restaurant was superb and the service was as you would expect for a hotel of this class.

All in all a very enjoyable experience that is perfect for a golf weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AnonymousBelfast,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to play both of our championship golf courses.

I will pass on your feedback to our Golf Operations team.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a 2-night stay in Carton House on our recent trip to Ireland. We bought the package - 2 nights, 1 dinner, 2 spa treatments. It was wonderful!
The hotel seemed a little empty when we arrived but was glad to see that the Club House and restaurant was busy in the evening. I think because it's quite spaced out (bedrooms in a separate wing) it seems quieter than it is. The room was nice, not exceptional and I didn't have a "wow" feeling but it was entirely comfortable.
The difference for me here was the setting, the service, the spa, and the food. The grounds were just beautiful and when we were deciding whether to go city centre or countryside, I was glad we opted for the latter. It was lovely doing a run around the grounds, easy to do a 5km, or add on another 6 km if you preferred. Neither of us being golfers, this was lost on us.
The spa was delightful too - a real treat. And I can't say enough about how helpful the staff were. What made the difference was the balance between being professional and friendly - they got this just right. Not overly officious, nor too "loose".
The food was beautiful too. We were told it would be good, and certainly weren't disappointed.
I'm really glad we opted for Carton House. Great from start to finish.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Grace G,

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team particularly in The Spa and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the food during your stay, our team of Chefs will be particularly happy that you enjoyed your meal experience so much.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!