“Overnight in Carton House Hotel”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Dublin, Ireland
“Overnight in Carton House Hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just has a delightful overnight stay in Carton House. Staff could not be nicer and the quality of the food (Linden Tree) was more restaurant than hotel. A return visit is definitely on the cards and you don't have to play golf!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms give access via french windows to a lovely paved area.
1 Thank Pj B
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Pj B,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my wife. Overall experience was really positive. Lovely room, great food in the Linden restaurant, pool facilities really good too.

The biggest attraction for me was the friendly service and the fantastic grounds this house is located on. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

I would of given 5 stars except for a couple of things. First was the noise from the bedroom doors when they closed. They really do slam and can be heard as if its your own door closing at times. Not great for a peaceful sleep. Easy fix if they were to get soft close hinges. Also disappointing was the slow service from the Kitchen Bar restaurant in the foyer/outside area. The place wasn't particularly busy but service was painfully slow.

Overall though it was a fantastic place to stay.

1 Thank DublinPBDublin
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear DublinPBDublin,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service standards. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel who will be delighted that they helped make your stay a pleasant one.

I have passed on your feedback to our maintenance team and also our Bar Manager to address going forward.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband & I are just back from a 3 day stay here, as part of our mini honeymoon.
We were initially booked in for 2 nights as part of Carton House's 2 BB & 1D deal however we enjoyed it so much we decided to extend our stay to another night!
The staff were very friendly & helpful, even surprising us with a congratulatory plate of mini desserts! We stayed in the newer wing of the hotel & the room was adequately equipped & clean.
Breakfast was great, with alot of choice for most tastes & palettes. Although I didn't avail of the cooked breakfast my husband was very happy with it & enjoyed. I loved the fresh fruit salad & the array of juices on offer in particular. I also really appreciated that your were brought tea and/or coffee pots as well as toast on request. It is such a pain when you have to make your own toast in those annoying conveyor toasters that many hotels have. It was lovely to receive a rack of toast here!!
One area that was a slight let down was the leisure facility. The pool area could do with a bit of a spruce up & we had to wait to use quite a few of the gym machines due to amount available.
We had dinner in the Linden Tree Restaurant on our first night as part of our package & this was very enjoyable. We also ate in the Coach House on another night & this was lovely. The staff were very welcoming & the food was tasty & reasonable.
Overall we had a lovely trip to Carton House & will definitely return in the near future!

Dear lioscara,

Firstly congratulations to both yourself and your husband on your recent wedding. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience for both breakfast and dinner in The Linden Tree. I have passed your comments on to the team, our team of Chefs will be particularly happy that you enjoyed your meal experience in the Linden Tree so much.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Just back from 2 nights 2 rounds and have to say what a lovely hotel with lovely staff. One course was a little under the weather (poor greens) but still enjoyable.
Would definitely recommend and return

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DougieWish
Dear DougieWish,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

stayed one night and played golf on the Montgomery course (which hosted the Irish Open recently)

very scenic setting, lovely country roads leading you there.

although the outside of the buildings reflects the old country manor style, the inside is modern in design. rooms very comfortable, staff friendly. seems a good place for team building or conferences too...

golf course in very good condition, very well tended too... but as you can expect of irish course, don't venture into the rough ... its rough!

had one of the nicest sandwiches in a long time in club house... mince, chilly and cheese...

Room Tip: it is a long walk to the lifts, which is not adjacent reception, so try and get a room near the lift...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pjvmunro,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular enjoyed playing The Montgomery Course and enjoyed the surroundings.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

After a busy two week holiday touring around England, we got the ferry to Dublin and stayed in Carton House for three nights. It was just what we needed, such a beautiful hotel in stunning grounds, large family bedroom, swimming pool for the kids, beautiful food in the club house and breakfast so delicious you just could not fault it. The beds are so comfortable and the bathrooms so clean and modern. Staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful. This was our third stay at carton house in the past year and we will definitely be back again soon!

Room Tip: Family rooms are very spacious...allows plenty of room for buggies, cot, luggage and spare beds.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith A
Dear Judith A,

Dublin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had an unusual 3 day event at Carton House in May 2013. Unusual in that we had a 40 foot truck which doubled as a demonstration unit and briefing centre. So while I did not use the conference facilities, I did use the restaurant, private dining and golf facilities there.

Carton House is a beautiful place. The Hotel itself feels modern and fresh when you arrive, but hidden in this old mansion are some truly extraordinary rooms which are well worth exploring. Our private dining was held in one such room and you have to try very hard not to feel special. The waiting staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us, and needless to say the food was delicious.

I'm not a golfer, but the customers who played seemed happy with the location despite how they played. With the Irish Open there this year, I can only imagine Carton House will become an even more attractive proposition for golfers.

Overall, a good venue, with high standards across the board. If there was an criticism it would be that the place is so busy all the time, so expect to wait your turn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Conor P
Dear Conor P,

I am delighted to see that overall you had a very enjoyable experience during your stay with us. The original old house rooms are really special and we are all very proud of the history and character that this part of the hotel has to offer and with stunning rooms it always makes for a memorable stay.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!