“Luxury”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel set in lovely grounds, we have stayed here twice and pleasantly surprised on both occasions, rooms are spacious everywhere in very clean - so much ago see in and around the hotel which mixes old world charm with new and modern, beautiful walks around the grounds. Hope to visit again soon. Meals in the Coachouse are great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear CityVisitor_13,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a pleasant experience here in Carton House and that you found the time to explore some of the expansive grounds around the estate during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,729)

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night on Summer Offer which included Bed & Breakfast & Evening Meal. Carton House is a Super Venue. Very Restful. Dinner delicious. Pool fair, glass areas grubby. Steam Room seemed not to work properly. We stayed in the Summer Room. Great Old World atmosphere but one would need a ladder to climb into bath/shower. Breakfast ordinary but plentiful. Overall, A Must!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Rosfly,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that overall you had a very enjoyable experience during your stay with us. The original old house rooms are really special and we are all very proud of the history and character that this part of the hotel has to offer and with stunning bedrooms it always makes for a memorable stay.
I have shared your feedback on the Spa with our Spa Manager and Maintenance team who will look into the points you have raised about the Steam Room.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice, love the service, rooms, food and comfort of the hotel. The coach house offers excellent value for meals. Came as a couple and loved it, brought the kids the second visit and they enjoyed it to. There was a pool table which kept them amused and lots of exploring todo. Upgraded to a suite the second visit and boy was it lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Dinny F,

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the food and facilities on offer here in Carton House. The Suites in the Original part of the hotel are really special and always make for a memorable and unique hotel experience.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight break. We got down for brunch on the Saturday - the food and atmosphere in the Coach House was very good. We checked in early and had a nice stroll around between the courses. The staff on check-in and check out were very friendly and helpful.

My wife went off to the spa at 4:30pm. She was very impressed with it. The only irritant during the stay was that I was told that the lovely driving range set up in front of the hotel was for people golfing with them only. Given that I was staying in the hotel, there were only 2 kids using it, and I only wanted to hit a bucket of balls late on a Saturday, this seemed harsh.

The Linden Tree restaurant was really good from a food and service point of view, and the live music afterwards in the Kitchen Bar was nice. We had a great breakfast on the Sunday before heading off.

Overall we had a lovely relaxed break and for my money it is up at the top of the Irish 4 star market with Farnham Estate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Who’stheman,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience during your recent stay with us and in particular enjoyed the standards of food, service and Spa treatments.

I am sorry that there was some confusion around the availability of the driving range as hotel residents are welcome to use the facility when it is available. I am not sure where you were given this information as I have checked with our Golf Shop and the staff are aware that our guests are welcome to use the hotels driving range and that there is no necessity to be booked in to play golf with us. I have reminded all of our teams of this so as to avoid any confusion in the future and I do hope that this did not take too much from the overall enjoyment of your stay with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Carton House in the near future and if I can ever be of any assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had another relaxing stay at Carton House. Close enough to easily get to and from Dublin, but a world away in terms of peace and quiet. We arrived just after the Irish Open ended and were impressed at how quickly the hotel was back up to speed without missing a beat. The grounds are beautiful and the old portion of the hotel is like a museum. I am not a golfer but they have two top level couses on the property. A short walk into Maynooth to see the castle and the NUI campus grounds is a nice treat. Service is topnotch, main restaurant and restaurant at the golf club are both excellent. My wife had a wonderful treatment at the spa.

Room Tip: A stay in the old house is a special treat.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and that you enjoyed the tranquil surrounds of Carton Demesne.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please do feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you like history mixed with contemporary this is the place for you. Hotel staff are very courteous, friendly, and helpful. The food is excellent. We stayed in hotel extension where the rooms are contemporary design. The bathrooms are excellent and rooms are average size. Very clean

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Margaret H,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and I have passed your kind comments onto our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here recently and found the staff extremely welcoming and helpful. Overall an excellent stay and will definitely be back again. Spa and leisure facilities were excellent and the bar was the perfect place for relaxing and catching up with friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ward915,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor..

We are delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and I have passed your feedback on to the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
13 mi away
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#3 of 5 in Naas

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!