“The Irish Open at Carton House”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We are at Carton House for the week attending The Irish Open 2013. It is much easier to get to than I epxected with good access from Dublin city and the airport. The facilities are superb and the standard of presentation is very high. The team in Carton House are most helpful and friendly. We also found the catering to be at a consistently high level. We've also heard similar feedback from our fellow guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear michaelnugent001,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at Carton House Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Last week was a very busy and exciting week for us all in Carton House and we really enjoyed looking after all of our guests for the week of the Irish Open so it is great to see that you enjoyed both the service and facilities on offer during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me

There are newer reviews for Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'd be planning to visit for ages and took the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to stay at the weekend. The price was not particularly good but I expected to have a great time. Sadly not. When we arrived the noise level in reception was beyond belief - and it was only 4pm! Our bags were delivered to our room which was nice - I tipped well. The room was ok but just a basic hotel room - nothing special. Indeed, the one sliver of soap that was provided was insufficient for more than one person. Very mean quantities of toiletries in all. We went down for supper but ate at speed to get out of a dining room where the noise level again was through the roof - it was more like a student union bar at the end of term. Drinks prices were high, and selection limited.
Breakfast was ok - but just ok. At one point when we returned to our room the key wouldn't work so I asked the housekeeper to open the door for us - she refused point blankly and told us to go back to reception and get another - her charmless, ill mannered Eastern European attitude was not appreciated. The receptionist pointed out that she should have called down and they would have authorised her to open the door; so either lack of manners of lack of training resulted in a sour experience.
I was glad to leave. My advice would be to spend a few more and go to the K Club a few miles away in Straffan - you will experience good service and great staff there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear PlumBailey,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am very disappointed to see that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay with us and would encourage you to contact me directly so that I may have the opportunity to apologise to you in person and ensure that I can address the issues which you encountered.
I am sorry that you found that your break was not as relaxing as it should have been due to the busy nature of the hotel. We don’t usually get complaints about the lobby or restaurant being noisy but I will be sure to keep a close eye on this following your feedback.

I am sorry that you found the toiletries to be sparse; we can of course supply our guests with as much toiletries as they require if extra supplies are requested at any stage during their stay with us.

Our dedicated team are our greatest asset and really do work hard to ensure that we consistently provide a warm welcome and professional service and we are genuinely disappointed that you did not enjoy these standards during your stay with us. All of our team are trained to the highest standards so it is disappointing that you found one of our employees to be ill mannered. I have shared this feedback with our Accommodation team and discussed it with their Manager and we will certainly ensure that there is not a repeat of this in the future.
We really do have a great team here in the hotel who would love to welcome you back in the near future so that they will have the opportunity to show you that your recent experience was a one off and not at all reflective of our usual high standards of service and customer care.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

arrived on 6th june on a golf break in a group of 16. superb location breakfasts were of good standard as were rooms which were cleaned daily.staff were very friendly and helpful.two excellent golf courses went to the nearby village of maynooth for an evening and had a nice bar meal in oneills followed by a live band int theroost.in my opinion a five star break in a five star location.

Dear geoff l,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us and that you enjoyed the standards of service and facilities on offer.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Check was excellent (unlike the last time I was here 4 years ago).

The rooms are superb in the old house. The facilities are superb and professional level in every way.

The special event food is excellent and breakfast superb - still allowing guests to have breakfast 25 minutes after the cut off time.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the old house - they cost a bit more but are worth it. Rooms in the new part of the...

Dear 2elephants,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the food and facilities on offer here in Carton House.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here several times in recent years and it gets better every time! Treat yourself to a suite in the old house for a truly romantic and luxurious experience! Listen to Paul Harrington on the piano on Fri and Sat nights. Breakfast in bed, champagne, golf or walk around the extensive grounds. Great food and extensive wine list. Club house also does good if you want to avoid fine dining all the time. The best hotel in Ireland and great value!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear BowenK,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. It is always great to see such a positive review from a regular guest.

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to explore the grounds and relax in the evening times to the dulcet tones of Paul Harrington in the Kitchen Bar.
The suites in the original part of the hotel are really special and I am glad that it helped make your stay such a memorable one.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Carton in the near future and if I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had the pleasure to stay at Carton House on business recently and all I can say is WOW!

Whilst I've stayed in grand hotels before what stood out at Carton House were the exceptional staff; warm and friendly yet at the same extremely efficient and professional.

Nothing was too much trouble, and they went out of their way to ensure your stay was as perfect as possible.

We stayed in the new wing (the conference centre) and for modern decor this was incredibly up-scale - the best of finishes, luxury touches everywhere from the rainfall walk in shower to the super soft sheets and hardwood entrance area.

The architects here have managed to marry the old world manor house with the modern parts of the building perfectly - the transitions compliment rather clash with beautiful glass corridors looking into walled gardens and excellent night time lighting.

We were attending a gala dinner - and generally, in even the best hotels, mass catering can be hit and miss - but not here. In the wonderfully opulent Gold Room we were treated to a delicious crab starter, followed by melt in the mouth Filet with roast vegetables and topped off with 4 beautiful and mouth watering miniature desserts - all presented well, piping hot and freshly cooked - yum!

Breakfast was a treatment, a wonderful fresh affair with fruits, pastries and cooked offerings all enjoyed overlooking the stunning grounds and golf courses.

As beautiful as the building is - Carton House IS its grounds - I think it's over 1000 acres of manicured parkland and golf course - all beautifully kept and a real treat to experience.

Sadly we didn't have the time to enjoy the leisure centre or spa - but I shall be back!

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I'm sure the Old part is lovely but the new part is 10/10 for luxury and facilities - perfect ni...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ClareA73

Dear ClareA73,

I am delighted to see that you had such a pleasant stay here in Carton House and that you found the time to explore some of the expansive grounds during your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team here who will be delighted to see that they helped make your stay such a memorable one. It is great that you got to enjoy both the modern and old world parts of the hotel, the Gold Salon really is a unique setting for a meal and I am glad to see that the food was befitting of the setting.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed for one night and played the OMeara course, had lunch and evening meal in the Clubhouse bar. Food was excellent and there was agood variety. Stayed in the rooms in the new wing. Ground floor room with opening door to outside. Room was very spacious and of high quality. Check in staff very friendly and willing to help. Played the Montgomerie course the next morning and thoroughly enjoyed the experience

1  Thank 60Alan60

Dear 60Alan60,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Carton House Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the Golf Courses. I have shared your kind comments with the team who will be delighted with the recognition.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#2 of 5 in Naas

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!