Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
$161
$146
Travelocity
2,769 results
All reviewslinden tree restaurantold housecoach housegolf clubbeautiful hotelkitchen barbeautiful groundsthe main housespa treatmentsrelaxing breaktop classmain restaurantspecial occasionleisure centreone night stayafternoon teaenjoyable stay
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We landed Dublin at 0730 following 16 hours in transit from Seattle. We knew we didn't want to go far and Carton House is only 30 or so minutes west of DUB.
Upon arrival we were graciously allowed early check-in, freshened up and took a couple of fabulous walks on extensive grounds. We are not golfers but these courses are pristine and an absolute pleasure to view.
Our room was spacious and the bed was devine. Moving in and out was easy with the provided lift.
Dinner and breakfast (they have a package) were extremely fine and the service was prompt. Actually the breakfast (classic Irish) would keep me going all day and did.
One more thing: explore the adjacent old manor during your stay. There are some very nice discoveries there!

Room Tip: The superior double will not leave you wishing for more.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear hopkinssjh,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to the team here in the hotel.
The Original part of the hotel is really special and I am delighted that you found time to explore both the house and the wonderful grounds here in Carton Demesne.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Carton House again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Loved the location and setting - large spacious room looking out onto the gardens and golf course. We used the hotel for a group get together for about 30 of us and had a great meal, company and over all very enjoyable evening and stay. Breakfast served right through to noon on Sunday was perfect after a late night. Would return!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jane L,

We are delighted to see that you all had such an enjoyable stay with us. The extended breakfast until noon on Sundays really does add to the leisurely Sunday morning feel in the hotel and means that you can still have a lie in and not miss out on our great breakfast buffet.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some time in the future and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Two great golf courses but not for the faint hearted.
The hotel however is over complicated in the plumbing dept. Having to refer to an instruction book before taking a shower or bath is daft and the system is counter intuitive. Lighting in the otherwise comfortable bedroom is poor and for the ladies trying to put on make up, unacceptably poor.

Room Tip: ask for some extra lighting and read the plumbing handbook!
2  Thank Gordon H

Dear Gordon H,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you had the opportunity to play on both of our Championship Golf Courses, we are really looking forward to hosting the Irish Open next June.

I am sorry that you found both the shower and bath difficult to operate and hope that the brief note in our Guest Directory was helpful. I have passed your comments about the lighting in our bathrooms on to our Accommodation Manager and Maintenance Team to see if any adjustments need to be made. We would be happy to provide extra lighting on request at any time.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in Carton House for our wedding anniversary and had a great time. Dinner in the Linden Tree restaurant was fabulous. Goats cheese starters were followed by fillet of steak for herself while I tried the guinea fowl. What I got on the plate seemed very small but was filling nonetheless. both dishes were superb. We finished with a shared cheese board which complimented the entire dinner. This hotel is luxury at its best. B and B plus evening dinner for two cost 250 euros, not cheap by any standards but well worth it for that special occasion.

Room Tip: A room in the old part of the hotel is very romantic. We even had a 4 poster bed.

Dear dcotter1953,

I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and in particular enjoyed the food and service in our Linden Tree Restaurant. The ambience of the suites in the old house really does make the stay that bit extra special and we always receive such positive feedback on how unique they are.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I called the hotel to see if they had a hairdresser and they got a person called Gemma to call me. Well she was rude and was only going to take booking on her terms. I asked for a curly blow dry - which I get all the time. Gemma frizzed my hair and then got tongs through it. She called this a curly blow dry. When I told her I was unhappy and it was not a curly blow dry she insulted me and got very personal in her remarks to me. I paid her €50 to get rid of this terribly insulting person who was representing the hotel as a hairdresser. If you are staying there I would recommend to go into the surrounding towns to a proper hairdresser than use the hotels person called Gemma.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ellesmer

Dear Ellesmer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience during your stay with us.

I am sorry that the hairdresser let you down and I can assure you that we have brought this to her attention and informed her that Carton House will no longer be availing of her services.
Gemma is not an employee of the hotel but is a local hairdresser who has a successful business in the area and came highly recommended to us so it is disappointing that our hotel standards were compromised by her approach on this occasion.

I would welcome the opportunity of discussing the incident with you in more detail, you can contact me by calling the hotel on 01-5052000 alternatively you can email me on bbowler@cartonhouse.com.

I do hope that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.