“Great rooms and beautiful grounds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
“Great rooms and beautiful grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was at the Carton House in early November for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Workout facilities were very nice, beautiful grounds for walking or running and the rooms were first rate. One small complaint, showers are too small.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OIB_Guy
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dear OIB_Guy,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the grounds and facilities on offer here in Carton House.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance to you.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a fabulous place to stay, I was lucky enough to stay in the original building with a view out across acres of lawn & the lake towards the golf course, my room had its own tiny secret spiral staircase outside. All the interior decoration is of an exceptional standard making you feel completely pampered. The buffet breakfast is excellent & best of all, after dropping off my luggage, noone bothered me. I'm hoping to go back soon, its only 25minutes from Dublin so you can get in to the theatre in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask to go in the old building
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear zeph1r,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Carton House. The Original part of the hotel is really special and I am delighted that you found the décor to be of such an exceptional standard.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Carton in the near future where you are assured of a warm welcome.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have to be honest and say I did not know the Carton House existed until we planned our weekend away. And, I'm glad we chose this hotel.
The setting and grounds are superb. Tranquil and relaxing.
The hotel staff are courteous and more than willing to help. Booking in was swift and directions to rooms etc accurate.
My room was in the 'newly furbished' aspect of the hotel. The room itself was clean, modern, comfortable and quite spacious. The bathroom was spotless and well proportioned. The contents of the room were as would be expected of a Hotel of this quality.
As part of our booking we included an evening meal - outstanding value for money. I would recommend booking the meal package online as it is cheaper than to pay separately.
The restaurant food is divine - vegetarian option was a delight!
Breakfast was delicious and in a relaxing atmosphere. Would I stay again? Yes!!

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing overlooking the tennis courts. Quiet and very modern. Ensure you can use the A...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Paula h,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Please do not hesitate to request a particular room type the next time you book with us. I can recommend our unique suites located in the historic old building for that special treat or one of our balcony rooms which have some great views of the grounds here in Carton.
I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in our Linden Tree Restaurant for dinner and breakfast and I have shared your comments with the team there.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a really nice hotel - the grounds are spectacular - the old part of the house is outstanding - the bars are really nice - the drinks are reasonably priced. The rooms are great - with fantastic bathrooms. There are two things I would take issue with - firstly the food in the hotel is massively overpriced - given how out of the way the hotel is from Maynooth - be prepared to shell out for it. Secondly - and this is the biggest issue - the 'spa' which loosely translated into a small pool and some treatment rooms are not up to scratch and worthy of a three star - which is a huge shame given the high presentation else where. The pool is reminiscent of a local authority pool and the Jacuzzi was out of order when I was there. If I could advise the hotel to do one thing it would be to take a look at other new four star hotels and quickly address this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank holidaystella
Dear Holidaystella,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that overall you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and that you found that the rooms and public areas to be of a high standard.

I am sorry that you feel that the Leisure facilities were not adequate for your needs. It is of course not good enough that our Jacuzzi was out of order and I can understand how this would have taken from your Spa experience - please accept my sincere apologies for this.
Our Leisure area is fitted out with an 18 Meter Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi and Steam Room and we have found that along with our split level Gym and various treatment rooms that we consistently receive very positive reviews of the facilities and services provided in the Spa and Leisure area.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Wicklow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Recently stayed here while attending a wedding, what a fantastic Hotel, can definitely see why the newly weds picked it. Staff superb (especially Heather) food excellent, rooms big bright and comfortable. Lovely bathrooms, loved the stand alone shower. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff here. Grounds stunning, just a very welcoming place to visit would have no qualms about recommending and will definitely be back. Thanks to all the staff for making it such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eibhs
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

A majestic place, the backdrop is 400 hectares of greenness, some of which is a golf course. We chose it purely to say we have experienced a stay in a beautiful Irish place from a bygone era. The dinner, bed and breakfast package was a good price for all that we experienced (ie beautiful building, location and room. The facilities are top notch as is expected. We ate our way through three beautifully crafted and presented food courses and the service was attentive and professional. The only odd thing was we arrived before everyone else at 7pm for our dinner and asked to be seated near a floor to ceiling window (we were placed one table away). We were told it was 'booked' by someone else . They never arrived. Call me sensitive but I felt it was a little touch of snobbishness.
The rooms are exceptional in their furnishing and appointment. The bathroom was out of this world.
Just be aware the room doors are heavy and when they close they do so with quite a bang. As there was a wedding function taking place there was quite a bit of noise down our corrider until the wee hours. Room placement for those not part of a function would match the otherwise high standard of service we received.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Over the last few years we've celebrated our wedding anniversary in Carton House. Overnighting it with dinner in the Linden Tree, excellent staff and lovely bedroom.Really enjoyable.
J.B.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!