“Super Hotel cant wait to go back”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for two nights as break away from our little nine month old boy, and what a treat. This hotel has it all, it is run the way a good four star should be, in fact it is bordering on five star. We had such a good time, grounds and setting are exceptional, the old house is something to behold and steeped in history, the newer part is so well built and designed and both blend so well together. We were given a lovely room with a balcony, it had everything for our comfort, a nice touch being the staff asking us if we were happy the next morning with the cleaning of our room, that,s attention to detail.

Food was first class with really good ingredients used in the preparation, and in such a nice setting, the staff gave us a table each morning as near to the really big windows as possible so we could see the beautiful view.
I would really recommend Carton House, it was such a relaxing beautiful place to stay, couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear fermanaghgirlireland,

On behalf of the Team here in Carton House, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review regarding your recent two-night stay in Carton House.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your break away with your 9 month old and that you were particularly impressed by our friendly Team and the food. Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can assist you with your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am writing this on behalf of my boyfriend's parents who recently stayed here for one night for their wedding anniversary. They were very impressed with the hotel and were delighted to have been upgraded to a House Suite in the main house. They were shown around some of the rooms in the old house and were delighted with this and it impressed them even more. They were delighted with the politeness and kindness of the staff who were very friendly and helpful. They had a meal in the Linden Tree Restaurant and were very impressed with the quality and portion of the meals. They had nothing to complain about at all and were raving about the hotel when they came back. I was delighted I recommended the hotel to them and they said they would definitely return. I can't wait to return myself as it is such a relaxing and pleasant hotel and you are well looked after. Thank you to all the staff at the Carton House Hotel who made their stay special and a huge thank you to Kelly Scales for all that she arranged for them for their stay!!

1  Thank IrelandLizzie
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

Dear Ireland_Lizzie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Carton House.

It was my pleasure accomodating your parents on such a special occasion. Thank you for recommending Carton House to them. We love showing Guests around the historic Old House; I am so glad they enjoyed it.

Hopefully I will be welcoming you and the family back to Carton House soon. As usual, stay in touch so that I can personally assist you.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a beautiful place to stay. wonderful surroundings and excellent food and accomodation. the staff are friendly and helpful. I can recommend it to anyone wanting to take a long or short break, absolutely beautiful.

Dear Marcella_55_11,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review ragarding your recent stay in Carton House. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found the Team friendly.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

So, its been a while since we stayed (new years eve!) but Im still dreaming of our fantastic stay at Carton House. Wow, is it good! My boyfriend still talks about it! The room was great, ambience was fantastic (well it was new years!) and we had food at the golf club (there was a deal on at the time!) Food was excellent- havent had a steak so tender since! There were fireworks and music and the whole stay was pretty perfect! Breakfast was fantastic as well and we did use the pool and jacuzzi- the only ones as well! Coming from Dublin (up the road), it is the perfect over night gettaway-and one where you don't sit in the car for most of the free time you might have! One of the nicest hotels we have stayed in! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Misschatterbox,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fantastic review.

I am thrilled that we were able to make New Years 2011 a memorable one.

We have excellent summer packages at the moment, and with the gorgeous weather at present, the estate looks completely different than it did during January.

Let me know if I can assist you with another visit. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

The old splendid Carton House has been renovated very sensitively and a new bedroom wing built. Rooms are lovely and quite generous in size. There are suites in the old house as well which have been totally refurbished.
For me the whole place was a dream come true and I loved it.
Fantastic grounds, good food and vey helpful staff.
What more do you want?
I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

Dear LuisMac,

On behalf of the Team here in Carton House I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a second review on Carton House.

I remember the first time you were here for lunch and we gave you a Tour of the Old House. I am delighted that you decided to treat yourselves and stay over this time. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Myself & my wife had an overnight stay for a wedding in June of this year,first impression was very good,staff friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble,food was great & the room was even better all the comforts of home,we availed of room service at 4am in the morning & again at 10am for breakfast and on both occasions we were very very pleased with the service the only problem was our stay was not near long enough,
I would highly recommend Carton House & I believe the golf courses are excelant

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank premprop
kellyscales, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Dear Premprop,

On behalf of the Team here in Carton House, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and that you were impressed with the level of service you received even in the wee hours of the morning.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Went to a wedding held there. Received exceptional service, particularly from Wojciech at check in, who went out of his way to assist, which was very brave of him given the daunting quantity of luggage my wife had brought. Room was fine and the shampoo was worth nicking - which is always the sign of a good hotel, at least in my experience

We were guests at the wedding but from our perspective the service, setting, ambience and the sheer overall quality of it all was very impressive. Even the food, which can be dicey at weddings, was very good.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Toronto, Canada,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay in Carton House.

I am delighted you enjoyed the Wedding and that our concierge Wojciech left a lasting impression with you. Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Kelly Scales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#2 of 5 in Naas

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!