“WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.....”

Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Slough, United Kingdom
“WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.....”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

LOCATION: Excellent. It is very central in Maynooth. Close to all amenities, bars & restaurants. Perfect if you wanted to stay away from the airport (about 40mins journey) but near enough to catch the Airport Hopper bus from the airport coach park (which I definitely recommend) The bus stop is right opposite the hotel. HOTEL IMAGE: This hotel is old type & probably could do with an image overhaul but the modern Bar & the Leisure facilities more than make up for it. HOTEL RECEPTION: The two receptionists who dealt with my check-in went out of their way to accommodate my request for a 'room with a view' & I really appreciated that. This proved to be a good start. BEDROOM: I was particularly pleased with my room as it was so spacious & very comfortable. I can't comment on sleep quality as I had a headache all night both nights (no fault of the hotel) so i was glad the bed was comfortable otherwise my discomfort would have been made worst. BATHROOM: My disappointment here was the shower did not give very hot water so I had to have a bath both mornings.I notified the hotel so hopefully that will be rectified for future guests. BAR & BREAKFAST: The Bar menu & evening Restaurant menu does have extensive offerings at decent prices. I had a bar meal which suited me & no complaints. Wish I had a cocktail with it! but completely forgot. The Thai menu looks appetising if not a little pricey. If i wasn't alone I might have considered it.The breakfast is very good however my one big criticism was that every table had a jug of milk which I personally think is unhygienic when it has been left for long periods of time.I hope that this is something that will change in future. LEISURE CENTRE: I was particularly annoyed I did not bring my gym or swim-wear because the facilities here are excellent. The two swimming pools with sauna/jacuzzi & the massive gym looked amazing. If you stay here you must remember to bring your gear. If I am ever in the area, I would definitely remember to bring my gym/swim wear just to stay in this hotel!! I was overall impressed with the hotel & I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LK2LONDON
GlenroyalHotel, General Manager at Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and we are glad you enjoyed one of newly refurbished rooms, Thank you for your feedback also with regard to the shower not working fully and we will be looking to fix this issue straigtht away, We will also look into new ways of providing milk on the tables in or Bistro,

Once again thank you for your very nice feedback about the team here in the hotel,

Ted Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Duagh
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We arrived here before flying out from Dublin airport. The hotel is perfect for families. The staff are well trained as regard stressed out parents. The play room is clean , with a good selection of toys and DVDs . The room size was good and noise level around hotel was fine. We had dinner in the bar which was wholesome and good value. It's only twenty mins from airport so the morning rush to the airport was stress free. It's central location in maynooth meant walks around town was easy. there was a small issue with the food but as management handled it so well there is no need to elaborate . I ll be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Noel O
Dear Noel,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had both our wedding ceremony and our wedding reception in the Glenroyal Hotel last Saturday and we couldn't have been happier! Everything went better than expected. Massive thanks to Claira, Kate, Gráinne and all the staff. We had a fantastic day! The service, food and rooms were great! Loads of space, swimming pools, kids room etc. We would like to highly recommend the hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paulina,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and also your kind feedback about the hotel team,

We are delighted you had a great day and it was our pleasure looking after you and Bill on this great day,

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2014

A group of us stayed at a nearby hotel and after visiting the Glenroyal Hotel for a meal and a drink. On arrival we were promptly seated by a table overlooking the seated courtyard to the front of the hotel, which on the sunny day it was was busy with people and had a fantastic atmosphere. The service is really what stood out to me and my family as it was top class from all areas. Our waitress was polite and very efficient in dealing with several dietary requirements from our party. The food was piping hot and very tasty, with plenty to go around. After our meal we decided to sit out in the sun and enjoy a couple of drinks and they were fantastic. We were served by Alan who was really the making of our trip. He brought us a round of cocktails that were well presented and tasted wonderful and a bargain at only €5. Our barman also very graciously made 2 non-alcoholic cocktails for the kids which were not on the menu but it seemed like no problem to our server. He also supplied us with coloring pencils and plenty of pictures to keep the children amused while the adults chatted and enjoyed the sun. Not only did our barman go out of his way for us while we enjoyed our drinks but he also organised a taxi for us to take us back to our hotel as we were not familiar with the area. I think through my wander around the hotel the average age of the staff I met was no more than 28. Although young, these professional people really know how to deliver the best standards of customer service and clearly enjoy their work. Unfortunately we did not stay in this hotel and would liked to have received the full experience but we will book ourselves for a weekend the next time we are in the area because its not often you experience that level of service in a hotel with such relaxed surroundings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, thank you also for all your nice feedback on all our team members and we are delighted you found the service to be second to none, We do look forward to welcoming you to the hotel when you do visit again hopefully in hte near future,

Once again,

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Only stayed here for one night as I was attending a wedding elsewhere, hotel has excellent facilities unfortunately we didn't get to use these. One minor issue was that we had been on a waiting list for quite a while and rang on numerous occasions to see if anything came available but upon check in we were advised that there was a room available. If we had of knowing prior to arrival we would have stayed and used the facilities. Overall, comfortable accommodation, spacious rooms and helpful staff.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for your feedback and sorry about the communication with regard to the rooms, We do sometimes get cancellation of rooms late on durning the day,

Once again sorry about this,

We do hope you will visit us again soon,

BABYCHUCKS
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Absolutely love this place the staff are so nice the hotel is well situated right in the town and 5min walk from train station. The spa in this hotel is brilliant as they have a seperate adult and kids pools and its so relaxing. The food is lovely cant complain and carparking is free. The town is 2mins walk with plenty of bars and resturants what more could you want.

Room Tip: only 40mins from dublin ask to stay in new part.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very nice feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Held our twins 21st birthday party here. Fantastic hotel, staff were so friendly and helpful. great dinner in the bistro which aslo had a kids menu Lovely big kids room on 1st floor. Lovely breakfast till 11am sunday morning. Beautiful big family bedroom with king size bed and single bed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Antionette,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and we are delighted you and your family had a great party here in the hotel, We look forward to seeing you soon,

Ted Robinson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan

Been to Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!