“Great Restaurant Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin
“Great Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I ate in this restaurant last night and I was very pleasantly surprised considering previous reviews. The service was excellent and the food was delicious with a wide range of options to suit every taste. I was pleased to see vegetarians well catered for. The mixed platter to start was amazing and I will definitely be back for the spring rolls and fishcakes alone! They must make their own sweet chilli sauce as it was yummy and noticeably better than others I have tasted. As other reviewers have commented the prices are higher than average but everything tastes really fresh so I would expect to pay more for good quality healthy food. The restaurant was quiet last night but the tables are nicely spaced so even on busier evenings I think it would retain its relaxed/intimate atmosphere. Would highly recommend! I will happily drive from Dublin again just for the spring rolls and fishcakes!! Maybe I should ask if their takeaway service can deliver to Dublin!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Rosie_Rambler

• Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and Pleasant Experince.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had Dinner here last night with my family, the food was lovely, the starters were gorgeous and the mains were delicious and a good selection of cocktails with delicate balancing, My favorite was the chocolate pyramid with kumquat con-fit, will be back again for more!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank sinead b
Dublin, Ireland
“Shouldn't have to pay for rice/noodles!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ate here last night. Service was good and food was tasty, however portions were small and considering they charge average of $20 for main chicken course, more should have been on plate. They also charge extra for rice/noodles, which is a bone of contention for me, esp at price they charge. Was hungry again very soon after meal. Would not return again.

• Visited November 2012
Kildare
“Good Food, pleasant staff, nice place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had a nice meal in Lan Thai last night. The place wasn't packed but busy and had a constant turnover while we were there.
Starters were tasty and the mains very good. I found the service good and the staff all very friendly.
As per a previous reviewer I find that having to pay seperately for a side when the mains were relatively expensive is not great, but not a huge deal.
I will most likely return.

• Visited October 2012
Kildare
“Nice food, value for money could be better.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was looking forward to this having bought a MenuPages voucher. Could not fault the food, overall it was quite nice. Starter was fine, Prawn Tempura so not a lot that could go wrong with this, batter nice and crispy with generic side salad (6/10). Main Course: Roast Duck with plum sauce, really tasty and nicely presented plate of food (9/10).

Main negatives were the place was deserted when we arrived, it was cold and there were additional charges for two side portions of rice that don't come with the main meal. It's a little stiff considering the cost of the main and the size of the side portions of rice. Had we not had the voucher we would have been severely disappointed in terms of value for money. Probably will give it a return visit at some point in the future but will not be in a rush.

• Visited September 2012