“Great food”

Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Maynooth
Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spanish / South American / Latin food,slightly adjusted for Irish tastes / Palates.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Took friends here for dinner on Friday night and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience! It's my fourth visit and overall it would probably be my favourite place to eat out in Maynooth, the food is just really tasty, with a wide selection, and there's a great atmosphere. It can get a little loud but that's part of the fun, and the live Spanish music is good too. The only criticism I would have it that the service can be patchy on the really busy weekend nights; on my last two visits, we were given a different bottle of wine than the one we had ordered, and also the last time they forgot one of my tapas. But those are only small issues and would not stop me returning again. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank hamsterfox

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had lunch here place was busy which was a good sign and lunch was fab. Will definitely go back.would highly recommend a visit

2  Thank mossyKildare
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went to Picaderos to celebrate a birthday, we were just two. Had lovely food and enjoyable evening, good spanish guitar music. Definitely the best restaurant in Maynooth.

1  Thank Maynooth
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nicely appointed with outdoor seating for the brave! The interior is nicely done however the seating is a bit tight. I've been twice and there was live music on both occasions. The menu had a good choice and there was an option for tapas. The staff were pleasant and polite and timely without being intrusive. Definitely a place to recommend for a couple or party.

1  Thank JoeBo1
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Fifth visit to this popular spot. 30 minutes to get starter but great when it arrived. Main was good Ordered a drink at end of meal were told they needed the table. Then changed their minds but took 20 minutes to get the drink. Disappounted

Martin M, General Manager at Picaderos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hello

Firstly I would like to say thank you for all of your valued custom to date as it is greatly appreciated.

At Picaderos, we highly value all feedback, both positive & negative from all of our regular clientele as it gives you an unique & valuable insight into the performance of our restaurant & the views of those that frequent it. Therefore, I would like to thank you for your review.

As regards the specifics of your most recent visit, I most again apologise for the confusion caused by my colleague when you requested more drinks towards the end of your meal.

He was unsure on the agreed arrangements for your table & therefore should have immediately catered for your request for additional drinks/coffees & not hesitated as he did & check with management.

We never intended on creating an atmosphere or pressure to wrap up your meal & finish up by any means.

I instructed my colleague to quickly tend to the drinks & place through an order with the bar.
Unfortunately, at this time the bar was rather busy & this caused the first of two delays on delivering your drinks.

The second delay was caused by an honest mistake & accident when one of the servers dropped the tray carrying your drinks. However, at this point, my colleague immediately set about informing you of the accident & the bar man immediately made a fresh round of drinks.

I am very glad you enjoyed the food & the atmosphere which was greatly enhanced by our wonderful Spanish guitarist Jose, but again I am wholeheartedly sorry about the confusion & delay for your final round of drinks on an otherwise good evening.

I would gladly discuss any issues you still might have in person, on the phone or via email if you wish to do so.

I can be contacted directly at 01 6292806 or at info@picaderos.ie