“Ticks all the boxes”

Twist Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

There is one thing I really like about tapas, it is a real conversation piece where you will sit around the table and talk about food and share and drink and have a good time, maybe we should all be spanish, then we could have tapas pleasure all the time, instead of stuffy roast dinners and boring fatty american crap.
On saturday night, we came here, i was told to bring my own drink, and for a corking charge of 50c a can of beer it worked out at about €13 euro on top of our meal, still was cheap though (€140 for four of us, and we were full)
the food was really nice, lots of spanishy things like olives, chorizo, potatos in tomato sauce, asparagus, mini garlic bread, all very continental, though there was also a menu to keep the lovers of plainer food happy too, we had a steak and a curry as well, though my friend didn't like cos it was a thai one. but then it was a nice thai anyway, tasted nice to me anyway!
All the people around us seemed to be enjoying there grub too, and the staff were really friendly, the place was clean enough, and would look a lot nicer on the main street.
thanks twist for a good night and a lovely meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went for a quick bite in Twist. Opted for food from the Tapas menu. Really enjoyed the food and found the staff to be friendly and efficient. I will return to try the remainder of the Tapas menu.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

have had many meals here and the food and service is always very good. Staff are friendly and there is zero 'tude. Their poached eggs are pretty much flawless!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Food here is very average and nothing exciting. The restaurant is located in an awful alleyway. Would not return.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Service excellent, food quality very good in that it tasted fine had I not seen what follows! I was seated in full view of the kitchen area and watched the chef in action. I seen him slice a baguette then dip his finger in some sauce and rub his finger on the baguette. Has he not heard of using a knife?????? This chef also likes to wipe his hands on his apron and continue to handle food. Another staff member likes to handle the salad while another likes to help herself to the odd chip whilst waiting on food to cook. All of this does not give a good impression, however, if I had sat in a different seat I would have been totally unaware of what was going on in the kitchen area and would think differently as the food was fresh and tasted fine.

I felt the portions were small and therefore not good value for money. Had chicken & brie panini which, on inspection, had very little chicken.

3  Thank Maryloveshols