“Bad Experience”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Bad food the worst in a long time. Small portions and tasteless, shame as it is a great location and had expected a lot more. Would not go back again or recomend this restaurant to anyone. Staff were friendly and did inform them of what I thought of the food. You could get better in any local pub and better value.

Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Max S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Linden Tree Restaurant here in Carton House.

I am disappointed that you found our food offering to not match the high standards of which we hold ourselves to in our restaurant.

I would welcome the opportunity discuss the issues you had on the night so I could investigate more thoroughly here in the hotel. I can be contacted on my direct line of 01-6517758 or via email at pjoy@cartonhouse.com

I would like to thank you again for your review and I look forward to discussing your visit to The Linden Tree in more depth in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

winter wonderland package, we had a 3 course meal at the linden tree then a buffet breakfast the next day amazing food and service,

Paul J, Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Fiona M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your vist to our hotel epsically that you found the food and service to be of a excellent standard. I will pass on your compliments to the team here in the hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Spent Christmas day at Carton House and because we had stayed before we had high hopes for our visit, however the dinner in the Linden Tree was really terrible !!! We went for traditional turkey and ham with veg - the veg was like a bullet and the meat tasteless and fatty and it was all swimming in a unpleasant gravy. I've had better food at the local carvery for a lot less money. The only decent meal at the table was the kids cod and chips ! The service wasnt great either im afraid and this experience would put us off going again - not the special day we were hoping it would be - a big let down. (The cost 70 euro per head ! )

Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear rlew_12,

Please accept my apologies that you felt the Christmas Day experience in Carton wasn't upto scratch. In general the feedback we have received has been fantastic for Christmas Day, so I am a little suprised to see that you had a disappointing time with us. I wish that you had let the team know on the day so we could have had the opportunity to rectify some of the issues.

Nonetheless, as mentioned please accept my apologies and I will certainly relay your feedback back to the team here in the hotel.

Finally, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail. My direct line is 01-6517758 or via my email: pjoy@cartonhouse.com

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our party were very impressed by the friendly and efficient Restaurant staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The queen scallop starter was delicious and the pork belly main course excellent.
We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience in lovely surroundings as part of our Carton House weekend break and hopefully will repeat the experience in the near future!

Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Harry C,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your vist to our hotel. i will most certainly pass on your feedback on the scallop starter and the pork main course to the culinary team here in the resort.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Service was pleasant, but a bit rich to be asked to order desert at the start of the meal. Desserts were tasteless - the cheese was a better choice, but carries a hefty price supplement! The Carpaccio starter was really excellent, but I was disappointed with the pork belly. It was fatty and a bit tasteless, and no attempt was made to crisp up the crackling.

Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Sailoil,

I am delighted that you found service to be pleasant. I am sorry that we asked for the dessert order to be taken at the start of the meal, I can only assume that this was because you were part of a large party. We do take dessert orders off of larger groups at the beginning of the evening to ensure that there is a good flow between courses.

Our beef carpaccio dish is very popular in the restaurant at the moment, I am delighted that you enjoyed it. I will pass your feedback on the the pork belly dish to chef to help improve this dish.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope to welcome you back to Carton in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further pelase do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.

Kind Regards,