Cloverfox(Letterfrack)
$91
$73
Cloverfox Connemara(Letterfrack)
$73
Rosleague Manor Hotel(Letterfrack)(Great Value!)
$198
$169
$114
Barry's Hotel(Clifden)
  • Spa
Foyles Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Restaurant
Alcock & Brown Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
$131
$115
$151
$136
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

All reviewsdiamond hilltowels were providedensuite roomlovely villagegreat musiclate checkseafood chowderpleasant staywalking distancetwo nightslodgeconnemarapubsluxurymollysfireplacecereal
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge for 6 weeks so its safe to say I know it damn well!

STAYING 1 – 2 NIGHTS – cheapest accomodation in the village, cheap great buffet breakfast, large kitchen facility, crazy friendly staff, free wifi, rooms to fit everyones needs – luxury spacious rooms for the family or bunk beds for the cheap traveller. Best of all Mike is the wise man with all the knowledge on the area. Go to him for all your needs on places to hike and what else there is to do. Trust me… take what he says on the area as bible!

STAYING LONGER – all of the above and ….. usually every Monday Mike does something for free to all guests at the lodge. Often it is freshest mussels caught on the West coast of Ireland that day or irish coffee. It is a great atmosphere and opportunity to meet other guests as everyone gets together and helps out. The lodge is super close to the village so everything is near by – and Molly’s for Saturday night live music! (I highly recommend it – with a pint of Guinness of course)

To be frank – you may see reviews on Mikes drinking habits. Don’t let this divert you. He is the most friendly person – on or off the booze! He still gets the job done – and with a grin cheek to cheek!

This is the place to be – I can’t emphasize this more – I was looking at rocks (I am a geology student) for 6 weeks and this place was my sanctuary! This is what I will remember from being in Connemara!

I will always have fond memories of the place and more importantly the people of Letterfrack Lodge. The people made this place a home for me…. I am truly thankful for that.

You know I WILL BE BACK Mike..

Konrad

Room Tip: Any room is the best - meeting the people of the lodge is far more memorable than a bed....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank konradweaver
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here in june with a couple of my friends. Since then I have been in many places in Europe but will still come back to this hostel as being the best and cheapest i've stayed in so far. The owner Mike gave us so much tips about walks and even climbs to do..and beautiful beaches to visit. Breakfast was great, I like the atmosphere in the house,and you have the choice to cook to cook if you want to. On Sunday we found this bar in the nearest village Ryneville serving the tastiest mussles and fresh fish. I've been meaning to write this review for ages, but all in all, I was very proud to recommend this to any fellow travellers.

Room Tip: none don't have one, Be surprised!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had planned to camp in the hostel gardens for one night but due to the weather we were easily swayed to stay in the hostel. We ended up staying for 2 nights and coming back later in the same trip for a further 2 nights. The rooms are of a hotel standard and the common facilities like kitchen, dining room and living room very well furnished. The staff are amezing and make sure everybody has a wonderful time. Great place to stay if you are in the area.

Room Tip: ground floor end of the coridor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beentheretoo65
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We showed up without a reservation and were given accommodation for two nights. Our room was clean and neat with bathroom next door. The shower was easily the biggest of any hostel we've visited, with a full tub.

The common areas were well furnished and clean with great Wifi throughout the common areas. The Wifi didn't reach our room, which was downstairs, but that was fine.

The kitchen was enormous, and included two oven/stoves and two refridgerators. It also had ample cabinet storage for multi-night stays.

Mike and his wife were exceedingly friendly and on-site quite often. Laundry was cheap at 2 euro per wash/dry.

Easy access to the bus to Galway as well.

All in all, a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David B
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good, basic accommodation, excellent value, handy to have free wifi, good bathroom faciliites,comfortable beds, very quie at night, very little traffic, friendly and helpful staff. It would have been nice to have a glass provided in the bathroom and a rubbish bin in the bedroom. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple