All reviews diamond hill towels were provided ensuite room lovely village late check seafood chowder walking distance two nights lodge connemara ireland pubs luxury mollys fireplace renvyle
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My wife and I..my daughter with son and husband and two relatives from America had the great misfortune of having to spend a night here. It is a dirty..filthy place , smelly and in a shocking state of disrepair..the outside simply a junkyard. How on earth this place could be "Recommended by the Irish Tourist Board" is beyond me. I am 73 years old and have visited Ireland many,many times...thankfully with the best of care and friendlyness...I strongly suggest you remove this unspeakable dump from your books.
I would like to have your comments...
Also the staff (1 young lady) unfriendly....We were not even able to get as much as cup coffee in the morning...(no staff and too much filth in the kitchen)
Tom Baker
tom.sig@hotmail.de

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank tom_sig
letterfracklodge1, Owner at Connemara National Park Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you had to write such
a harsh and untrue review about the hostel.
I remember meeting you and your party and trying my best to accommodate your needs during your one night
stay with us. Breakfast is available each morning and was available on the morning you were departing but you told me you were in a hurry.
The unfriendly staff member you refered to may have appeared unfriendly towards your party but you had upset her so much she called me to deal with you as she had had enough abuse.
We are assessed by the Irish tourist board every year and have been since opening. The junkyard you were refering to is a new wall we are building to add to the property and part of an landscaping plan, an actual requirement by the irish tourist board.
We are glad of people reviews, both positive and negative points, so that we can improve and offer a better service but harsh
untrue comments are hurtful and unnecessary.
Mike laffey - owner

Reviewed July 29, 2010

its a hostel avery fine hostel.
we stayed in a family room with one double bed and a bunk bed, en suite.
very clean - for a hostel.
kitchen/common room has everything you need.
location is very good. letterfrack is nice village near beach, mountains,
there are few bars and eating places , shops, playground and nice walks.

not the cheapest for a hostel but we didnt want to stay the other (proper hippy type)hostel in the village and its just our way.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank hihiromi
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I turned up here on a recent Sunday evening after making a booking the day before, I rang ahead at 5 to ensure that 'Mike' would be there at 8 when I arrived. When I did arrive at 8.00 I rang the owner/manager only for him to tell me that he was drinking (drunk?) in the pub100 yards away, and could I possibly book into that hostel instead.... an utter disgrace,

To my horror I found a couple from New Zealand staying in my second hostel (the Bard's Den) who had exactly the same experience that night.

I wouldn't know what this place is like to acutally stay in as the owner/manager couldn't be bothered to let me in. 0 stars.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank stunt_penguin
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Not really luxury accommodation. Just a Youth Hostel with private rooms. Nicely placed but not with the breath taking views you might expect from the web site. For us a disappointment - didn't see Mike!! Other staff not very friendly or attentive. Very difficult to get prompt email responses to enquiries.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip134
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed in Letterfrack Lodge while on a road trip thru Galway and Clare. Location is superb, a quick stumble from the crossroads in Letterfrack, which has several pubs and restaurants.

When we arrived we had trouble locating Mike, who was out back, and frankly we missed having someone at the front desk to answer the usual simple questions any guest would have when arriving. We noticed another couple arriving later, were also disconcerted at this, and I actually ended up helping them to get settled !

However, that said, the place is very well equipped, with a large number of sizeable rooms. Ours had an ensuite bathroom. The upstairs kitchen and living room area was more than adequate., and I am a huge fan of the National Geographics ! The breakfast was just what we needed. There were some nice maps and tip-sheets in all the rooms and common areas, and these added to the atmosphere: this is an excellent base for touring the surrounding area: very close to Diamond Hill, Mount Tully and Kylemore Abbey. A bus will get you to the ferry to Inishbofin. I have a feeling that this place might be a bit better for groups than for couples looking for more quiet. There were several groups of travellers there, from different countries and they seemed to be having a good time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple