“Great food on our Connemara drive”
Review of The Bards Den Restaurant - CLOSED

The Bards Den Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on our lovely driving day through Connemara. Seafood chowder was superb, and the smoked salmon sandwich was also very good. We all enjoyed a beer and the good company of our guide Jim Parslow (see my review of his excellent driving tour).

1  Thank abcfox

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The fish and chips were great and the barman poured an excellent pint. The service was a bit unusual. Not bad; just unusual. A smile would have been nice to see.
Great music selection on the sound system

1  Thank paulkris
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here and it was really nice. Staff friendly and prompt. Great menu to choose from and an absolute monster portion. I had chicken burger chips and salad. It was really tasty fresh and cooked to order and piping hot. The prices were a little high, maybe if the portions were smaller the prices could be lowered to reflect this.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am a self confessed duck freak. I luv a duck. Quite seriously, my meal of roast duck with cherry sauce was superb, and a surprise in this remote location. I wish everyone knew how to cook it like this. A fabulous meal.

1  Thank coupleontourasia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is for a review of the food only - ate dinner here, had mussels - which were excellent. Huge portion well seasoned. Fish and chips were fresh and plenty. Of course, the beer selection was excellent. Only bad item - was the manager showing her displeasure with the waitress - should not have happened in front of the dinners. Maybe she thought she was not in sight or hearing of the customers?? Atmosphere was okay, kinda dark, but the food was great.