“Professional, Courteous and Knowledgeable not to mention Great Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat - CLOSED

The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Professional, Courteous and Knowledgeable not to mention Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

As best man for my brother's wedding I was put in charge of organising his stag. I was keen to organise an event that was

I emailed nearly every charter boat on the west coast and the skipper, Shane Bisgood, was the first ( of only 2 ) that replied. He was able to put me in touch with a 3rd party who was able to organise an entire package of activities and accommodation, which exceeded our expectations in every way.

The Brazen Hussy is a custom built and a pleasure to be aboard. With at least 3 different steering positions it allows Shane to position her with incredible skill and give everyone a chance to listen to his knowledgeable, informed and entertaining banter.

We were principally interested in fishing with some sightseeing. His enthusiasm for customer service ensure that we caught 200+ fish, saw puffins ( off season ), got a beautiful lunch in Inisbofin ( and a cheeky pint ) and were regaled and entertained with a fascinating insight into the way of life in Connemara.

As someone who works in the tourist and hospitality sector I can say without a doubt that Shane is the standard by which I will judge all future tours that I undertake.

He is a credit to the industry and a source of inspiration.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank OsgurOCiardha

• Polish first
Letterfrack
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Boat & Captain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've had the pleasure of heading out with Shane on the Brazen Hussy a couple of times.
The first was with some friends for a days touring, fishing & swimming.
It was a brilliant day, the boat is state of the art & very powerful (Be sure and ask the obliging Captain to give her full power at some stage!) so it allows you to get to the spectacular outer islands and good fishing spots in no time, with the added bonus after a days fun of bringing your Dinner home with you!
The second occasion was as a charter for my Brother's stag night which involved more stopping off for pints than fishing and touring but it was great craic nonetheless, particularly seeing Shane & the boat handle the big seas we got on the 2nd day while some of the party didn't handle them so well!

All in all I can't think of a better day trip while in Connemara whether you're a serious diver, fisherman or just want to drop a line in between touring the islands and stopping off for lunch in bofin.

Visited November 2011
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for those words, to all of us in the service and tourist industry, personal recommendation is without a doubt the most effective way of encouraging people to try the product one offers. To receive those words helps my business but also is a huge motivation for me knowing that I'm succeeding in what I do.....entertaining my valued clients.
Galway,Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An unforgettable day at sea off the Connemara Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

A mixed group of 10 friends, family and couples chartered the boat last summer for a day of touring and a bit of fishing, ranging in age from early 20's to 60's. We brought our own picnic foods and beverages, which was quite a lot, considering there were a dozen of us but there was plenty of room on board both inside the wheelhouse and out on deck. Shane the skipper planned our day with us beforehand, and what we would like to do and see, and we decided on a scenic trip to Inishbofin and around Inishark, with some fishing in the afternoon.
The boat is powerful, fast and comfortable and there is plenty of seating (indoors and outdoors) and a flying bridge deck upstairs also which proved very popular for sightseeing. The high cliffs of Inishark were spectacular and we saw some great bird life and seals. We lunched on Inishbofin, which was idyllic, as the weather had improved by the afternoon. The afternoon saw some serious fishing-the rods were included in the charter price and there was a lot of patience required by Shane and some of the other men on board at times! However, my female friends particularly enjoyed the fishing (all first timers) and everybody went home with a mixture of fresh mackerel and pollock that they had caught themselves. Apparently, the underwater technology on The Brazen Hussy means you don't usually have to wait too long to catch some fish.
A couple of swimmers also indulged and everybody in the group is already planning our trip for 2012. I would highly recommend a trip on the Brazen Hussy, particularly for staff parties, work outings, stag or hen party events, basically anything involving a group looking for a fun day out. It really is the perfect way to enjoy Connemara.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank CatPGalway_Ireland
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you CatP for your more than kind words. I loved having all of you on board but I don't think you are doing the girls justice. I seem to remember at least two of you who were catching many more fish than the boys! As for this year I think I should take you up to the Puffin Colony as I know the birds are back in for their breeding season and it is quite the most spectacular sight.
Galway, Ireland
“No better boat or skipper indeed to explore the Connemara coast with.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I live in Connemara and whenever I have a bunch of friends over from England or down from Dublin we take a day on The Brazen Hussy and the trips are always memorable. From exploring High Island (last inhabited in the 13th c) to seal watching, fishing from the boat with enormous rods, stopping off on Inisboffin for lunch, deep-sea diving or just meandering along the coast, everyone has just the best time. The boat is state-of-the-art (and has a nice indoor bit if the weather doesn't oblige) but it's the skipper who makes it really. Incredibly reliable and conscientious, he's a true Man of the Sea & from kids to oldies all are well taken care of, it's a smashing way to explore this wonderful coastline. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2011
The islands of Connemara are so special. For so long they have sat here on the edge of Europe and quietly got on with survival. Some of them are now deserted, some still inhabited but all are a source of fascination. They are the repositories of history, tradition, ancient religion and truly wonderful people, right up to the present day. Thank you so much for your words, they are the most important part of this highly effective website.