“Beautiful in every way!”

Rosleague Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Everything about our stay at Rosleague was perfect from the incredible food served at breakfast and dinner to the gorgeous caring attentive staff to the grand old building with all of its history and beauty and then there was the setting, the scenery, what a beautiful part of the world. Mark and his staff were efficient, friendly and a joy to spend time around making our stay comfortable and enjoyable. They recommended local places to eat and drink, a local taxi company, and Chris turned out to be one of the finest tour guides I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!
Being situated perfectly nestled between the lush green mountains with a fantastic view of the water below in the valley couldn't have been more picturesque and perfect for walking and enjoying the countryside with relatively close local villages such as Letterfrack and Clifden close by supplying shops and pubs and restaurants.
My room had a lovely bathroom and a spacious bedroom with two comfy single beds and a stunning view of the water and mountains through the window. Also, at night the quiet was lovely, so peaceful and perfect for a good nights sleep.
So thankful to Mark and his team for a great stay, and hopefully we'll see them very soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We ended up in Rosleague by chance... We had intended staying in Renvyle House and had reserved a room there but were less than impressed when we arrived there so decided to find somewhere else. I returned to the carpark to find that my car wouldn't start and the car recovery guy suggested Rosleague.

I had seen it online before but having stayed in quite a few places in Connemara, I've found that the "grand country house" thing can sometimes end up a bit grannyish and underwhelming. This was certainly not the case with Rosleague.

I loved everything about the place. The price was alot more reasonable than Renvyle and we opted for the 5 course dinner which was superb. Fillet steak, crab, sorbet and great desserts. Incredible and good value wine menu. Rooms were lovely and spacious. Staff however were the best part of the stay - they went out of the way to help me with my car and were genuine, friendly and professional.

We unfortunately had to leave early the following morning and only got to sample a small part of the breakfast feast but we will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

this place was fabulous! the staff is so sweet! loretta at breakfast was amazing! beautiful place! view from front rooms is so cute! free wifi screams! some of the furniture needs updating in the rooms, but for price range it's okay.

Room Tip: front of hotel for sure!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I returned to Rosleague for our Anniversary, after getting married there 3 years ago. As usual the service was excellent, very friendly staff, particularly Loreta. The room was lovely and had beautiful views of the gardens and harbour. The food was delicious as usual. As well as a relaxing weekend away, we would highly recommend it as a wedding venue. They thought of everything and took all the stress away. All we had to do was turn up for the weekend. Although that weekend I didn't eat much of the food, to this day my guests still rave about the wonderful food, on both the wedding day and in particular the BBQ the following day which I described as 'low key'. It had a huge variety of meat, fish and salads, much more than I had expected, and excellent value for money. A few of my guest have even returned since then as they were so impressed with the rooms and the service. Having the whole place to ourselves was amazing and the gardens etc provided plenty of space and entertainment for the children. Would definitely recommend it as a party venue.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having read about this place, seen the location and bought a 2 night package in a suite with dinner on 1 night, it's fair to say I was looking on this place to be a highlight of a week long trip and a spectacular memory.
Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the expectation or the price.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, and there were plenty of positives. But it also failed in a couple of areas that took the gloss off and prevented it reaching the expected highs.
Some examples, the suite had some lovely furniture in it, but walking near the wardrobe caused it to wobble ridiculously and noisily.
Lovely bath and shower, but the bathroom door didn't shut properly and the blinds had specs of dirt/mould.
Dinner - the main course was superb... tasty, well thought out, and cooked to perfection. However, it was served with plain dry boiled veg.
Views were magnificent, service was friendly and attentive, breakfast was excellent, the gardens were beautiful, the room was spacious.
For me though, it just didn't do quite enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BristolStew
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently had the opportunity to spend two nights at Rosleague Manor during our two week tour of Ireland. Rosleague presented a spectacular facade upon our arrival - quite the manor house as I had expected. We arrived early afternoon, hungry, and was directed to Kylemore Abbey for lunch (very, very busy with tour groups - not much else in Letterfrack) and returned to rest before dinner.
The downstairs was nice enough, old, as one might expect, but a little shabby. I was charmed, however, because I like "a little shabby." The woman who greeted us was very friendly and helpful, and I was delighted to learn that the owners had dogs in the house (might not appeal to everyone, but it increased the charm for me). However, when we entered our room I was somewhat stunned to see the furniture there. Antiques they were not, but simply old furniture. We had a "suite" with a separate sitting room (at additional expense, of course), but the sofa was not comfortable enough to make a good spot for reading. The bathroom was satisfactory and fairly new - no problems there, and the bed was comfortable. We had a spectacular view of the gardens and the harbor beyond. Worth the price? Maybe not.
Before dinner, we had drinks in the conservatory. The woman who greeted us originally in such a friendly manner served us, and she was decidedly not as friendly as she had been. Not un-cordial exactly, but we found everyone in Ireland so very friendly that anything less stands out. She left us with our drinks, and we had to find our way by ourselves into the dining room.
Dinner was not bad, but not memorable. We had thought we might have dinner there the second night, but weren't tempted to do so. Breakfast was fine - the usual, nothing spectacular, but filling.
I carefully planned our overnight stays, using Ireland's Blue Book of Country Houses, and from the description, had decided to stay at Rosleague for two nights. Would I stay there again? Possibly, if we were traveling in the area. But I would definitely not stay two nights, and if planning another trip, I would look more closely at other accommodations in the area. We stayed in several top-notch country houses that were better in every way.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the harbor will increase the pleasure of your stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EarleW
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had dinner in Rosleague recently and had a great evening, we live locally so didn't need to stay over but wanted to! very relaxing drink before dinner, then into the beautiful dining room overlooking the gardens. this is a really nice place to relax, have dinner and a glass of wine. the dinner was excellent, the monkfish was the be i've had in years. The service was really great and welcoming. The tea & coffee & another glass of wine in the drawing room by the fire capped of a really relaxing night. this is a beautiful country hotel with great service and really great food. i can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Renvyle House Hotel
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
Delphi Resort
Delphi Resort
#1 of 4 in Leenane

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!