“Country house with style and atmosphere”

Rosleague Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Enjoyed a two night stay here in September on the recommendation of a friend whose daughter had her Wedding Reception here. We were really impressed by the excellent food and service. There are modern comforts in an unspoilt period setting here, which make for a very relaxing experience.Nice walks in the woods surrounding the house if the weather permits,with lots of gorgeous blue hydrangeas.

Room Tip: The view from the front of the hotel is lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After seeing wedding venues in Ireland and in the States we decided on Rosleague Manor. We couldn't be happier with our decision! We were very impressed with Mark Foyles professionalism and attention to detail. His prompt email responses while I planned from afar eased my worries about all the details and and his support onsite was suburb. The Manor itself was exceptional and my guests were blown away by the majestic view, spacious rooms, great food and kind waitstaff. I can't say enough about Rosleague and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an intimate wedding or a nice night away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I'd pay the extra money for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shalah722
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having stayed in Rosleague Manor in 2011 we decided to return in 2012 for the first part of our honeymoon. We stayed in a lovely room with beautiful views of the harbour and Diamond Hill. We ate in the restaurant for the three nights we were there, the food is excellent and there is a very good choice. We also enjoyed tea and scones every afternoon and a pint or two of guinness in the very relaxing conservatory. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you like the country house experience then Rosleague is for you.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I just had my wedding at Rosleague Manor and have nothing but glowing things to say about this place and quality of service that we received.

Mark was a phenomenal host, ensuring that my husband and I had a memorable stay. His attention to detail took a lot of the burden off us.

The food was excellent. The rooms were quirky and unique. The gardens were gorgeous. So happy to have chosen this place as my wedding venue. I can't wait to return for my future anniversaries!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisaomalleyca
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My sister and her fiance decided to marry in Ireland - they both live in San Diego but his family is there. Sight unseen and based on discussions with Mark they decided on Rosleague. They had the entire Manor for the wedding attendees the day/night of the wedding and it was FANTASTIC. The views, the Manor house, the accommodations, the food - everything made her special day a day to remember. It is definitely a recommend for a special occasion or even a night's stay passing through.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After returning from a very restfull stay at Rosleague, We were greeted by a lovely lady who made us very welcome, she give us lots of local tip bits which we found very interesting.

We had afternoon tea with homemade scones and jam. The meals were filling with the breakfast filling us up to dinner time.

One off the favourite meal we had on our visit was Connemara lamb, there was should a wide variety off food inlcuding local fish and vegatables

Our bedroom was locationed on the front off the house over looking the beautiful gardens and sea.

Looking froward to returning to Rosleague with our friends very soon

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Having booked over the phone with a very pleasant lady for a 2 night stay for two with dinner on one evening I was all set for a pleasant break and the website of the hotel and the blue book led me to expect nothing less!!! How wrong they were. The hotel is in one of the most beautiful places on earth and has a stunning view, perched as it is on a hillisde overlooking the sea. First impressions when I drove in was was one awe, beautiful old country house and very authentic. Myself and my friend were hungry having driven almost 4 hours and expected to be able to eat in a hotel at four in the afternoon. First mistake, the lady at reception advised that we could eat at 7.30 when dinner was served. I asked if we could even get a scone and was told no, in a rather unfriendly way. I must also add that we were neither welcomed by the lady nor made feel in any way a guest. We were shown to the room, or rather left at the bottom of the stairs and the room pointed out to me and had to carry our own luggage up. The room was large, too large in fact and lacked any cosiness whatsoever. The ensuite was clearly updated in the 80's with lino and plastic toilet seats and an awful looking shower. The four poster bed was comfortable though, I will say that.
When we leafed through the info pack it said that afternoon tea was served all day long...clearly a lie!! We left and drove to Clifden where we had a lovely meal and wander around. The breakfast the following morning was very mediocre. Overdone scrambled eggs, soft fruit, tasteless cooked breakfast and I asked for peppermint tea and was advised that they had none so I asked for a pot of boiling water and I got that...in a teapot that wasn't rinsed out...boiling brown water (very nice). We had dinner on the second night and at this point the lady behind the desk, whom I had presumed was the owner but don't think she was even though she was there all the time, had become slightly more conversational. The food was very mediocre, lacking any imagination or balance of flavours at all. Checkout was painless and quick the following morning and I left with a sense of disappointment about Rosleague. Also, the toilets were not cleaned between Sunday night and Monday when leaving and drinks that were on one of the tables outside the front door on the Saturday night were still there on Sunday afternoon. SERIOUSLY.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Annaghbeg
MarkLetterfrack, Manager at Rosleague Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Annaghbeg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Rosleague.
It is difficult to read reviews like this as we inevitably take them personally.
We regret that your stay did not live up to expectations, we welcome all feedback and I can assure you that the issues you raised will be investigated and we will do our utmost to ensure they do not happen again.

While I might take issue with some of your comments on the food, there is no excuse for the unacceptable lapses in service and for this I apologise unreservedly.

The Lady you mentioned is not the owner but has been with us over 20 years and as such we consider her part of the family. I have no hesitation leaving the House in her charge in my absence and I'm certain your experience was a once off.

Yours Sincerely,

Mark Foyle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle
Doonmore Hotel
Doonmore Hotel
#1 of 3 in Inishbofin

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!