“Amazing Hotel”

Gullane's Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ballinasloe
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at Gullane's Hotel in April 2012.

This is an excellent family run business in Ballinasloe
Co. Galway. The room was clean and comfortable and
I received excellent service and great value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here (not choose by me) while attending a conference in the local Shearwater Hotel.
This hotel was fabulous..
Staff friendly, and I even spoke with the hotel owner who was a gentleman.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room 104 outlooked carpark and was very peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank wewstportlad
Reviewed January 24, 2012

we stayed in gullane s last weekend as 2 of our grand canyon group are from ballinasloeand organised the whole weekend. hotel is very welcoming big comfortable room lovely comfy beds plenty of hot water .. the food omg fantastic we had a 3 course dinner there on sat night ...... yum yum the sea food chowder was so nice the pasta yum and the desert well just say it was yummy yummy check out is 12 noon but breakfast is served all day so there is no rush if ya have had a late nite the nite before would defo stay again well done x

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tamara016
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Ok so where do I start....

I am in the hotel as I write this and it's my second time here.

My better half is in Ballinasloe Hospital after having our son on the 3rd Jan 2012. After looking online I came across 3 hotels in the area. Out of the three Gullanes was priced in the middle. One was very expensive and the other was very cheap. Not naming names if you know the area you will know who they are.

Firstly the rooms...

I was only here to sleep so I didn't really care. When I walked into the room I was amazed. Very spacious and very clean. My only negative point would be that I have a pet hate for throws over a bed. I prefer to see crisp white sheets and duvets. Bathroom was spotless and had everything you would expect. Taps were clean an not leaking and all worked as it should. It looked like this place was recently renovated or else very well maintained.

Now the Bar...

Nice comfortable bar. Friendly atmosphere and a good pint (always important)

The Food...

Another pet hate is buffet breakfast but Gullanes offer a freshly cooked breakfast which I loved.

The bar menu is great and food quality is excellent. Tonight I had a baguette with side salad and chips and a pint of Guinness for less than 12euro. You would not get that in any other hotel of this standard.

While having my meal tonight for this stay a few guys beside me got the beef.... Oh I should of got the beef... It looked great.

Unfortunately my other half had a few complications after giving birth and she has been in ballinasloe hospital for 10 days. Any visitors that came we ended up going for lunch here also.

All round this hotel is excellent. So I gave it 5 for everything. I could not fault it. If I ever have a reason to come to Ballinasloe ever again I will 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank JohnnyAsterisk
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October with a large group of people for a motor sport event. The management and staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating. Our evening meal was superb and everyone enjoyed their steaks! The rooms were pleasant, clean and comfortable. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel all our group of 20+ all enjoyed their stay at Gullanes in Ballinasloe!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here for 6 days in mid September on our first ever trip to Ireland and chose Ballinasloe as I have family there that I have never met. Having had promt and very helpful communications with them via email before going over I was very excited about going over there. Gullanes Hotel did not dissappoint. After an early flight to Dublin and a drive across the country to get to Ballinasloe we went to the reception to see if we could leave our luggage there and park we were told that we could check in and go to our room straight away, which was geat considering it was 12 'noon! Our room was well appointed, clean and a nice size. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was lovely, and the waitress who served us breakfast everyday apart from Wednesday and Thursday (her days off) was absolutely brilliant, so helpful, attentive, chatty and kind, we really were made to feel at home. The only two things I have to say that are not positive about the hotel are that the extractor fan in the bathroom can get a little annoying unless the door is shut, and the mattress was a little hard for my liking. But we will be going back, that is for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joanna T
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My clasmates and i used gullanes hotel for our debs. The managment of the hotel were very helpful and would go out of there way to help youin anyway they could. BUT.. The rooms were very small and poorly laid out.i was a victim of an uncontrolable shower who made it its duty to cause you pain. either boiling water or freezing and i did not change the settings in any way. I found the food quite bland and tasteless. The breakfast service was appuling where i had to subdure freezing tempitures and a long wait before anybody came to our rescue.The breakfast was very plain and the buffet table was not properly attended and i had to ask for items as simple as orange juice and butter. All the staff when they were around were very helpfull. The price was high so we expected a "high quality service" but they did not do exactly what it said on the tin...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wildrover26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinasloe
Shearwater Hotel
#3 of 9 in Athlone
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
#1 of 3 in Loughrea

Been to Gullane's Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!